Hi to all my blog friends and welcome to my new follower Elaine.
THANK YOU for all your lovely comments and good wishes on
My card today is one I made a few days ago it so happens that
I was about to put this card on my blog when I read Lindyloos
call for cards to be sent to a young lady named Alana who has
leukaemia. So I would like to dedicate this card to her and also
send it to her. Hopefully it may cheer her up. If any of you haven't
already done so can you please send her a card. To access details
please read creativeharmonyblog. Sorry don't know how to pass on a link just yet.
Here is a close up of the card just need to put a tag on it saying
sending you sunshine and smiles.
The card is 6x6 ready made white blank easel card. I have matted and layered it with a cream and dark apricot pearlised card.
The digi image is from The scrapbook Society and coloured in
with Promarkers. I mounted the image on a Grand Scalloped oval.
I thought she looked like she should be carrying something in the basket so I glued some little flower sequins in there and scattered
some around her feet to make it look as if she had just picked them. The roses on the side are from my stash, and also the butterfly buckle in the middle to hold the easel up. Lace was bought from ebay.
Thank you so much for your visit, and may you have a wonderful
Lots of crafty love. Jenny Lawrence.
MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS
- Jenny L
- Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
- Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.
Sunday, 26 August 2012
A CARD FOR ALANA
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
What a beautiful card, just love every thing about it it will certainly put a smile on anyone face ,Melanie
A lovely card Jenny and a lovely thought for a very poorly little girl! Love from Christine x
Aaahh!! Jenny that is just soooo!!! sweet, also so beautifully coloured, I love it.
Have a Great Day
Jenny this is divine dear little Alana will love it! Puts our own lives into perspective doesn't it. Enjoy your crafty Sunday. Love Christine H xx
Such a lovely thoughtful card and I'm sure Alana will love it.
I hope you have a good Sunday
This is really cute and I think it will definitely make Alana smile, it made me smile! Alana story is so sad isn't it. There are so many children out there that are suffering and I think if we can lift the spirits of one, we are on to a good thing.
As to linking,
1. In New Post click on the blue 'LINK' word next to the little picture (the one you click to add your photos of your cards).
2. A dialogue box opens, in the 'Text to display' box put a word or words that you want to show in your post (eg for my blog you might put 'Linda's blog' or you might write 'EMAIL' instead of the actual email address).
3. Next in the 'Web Address' box put the blog address (The easiest way to do this is to open blog needed, highlight blog address, right click, copy, then paste into the box).
4. Click on the 'Test this link' to check you have done it correctly (It will open a new window with your blog, just close this down when checked).
5. If linking an Email, click on 'Email' instead of 'Web Address' and write the full email address in the box that opens
6. Finally click ok and the chosen words will appear highlighted on your blog post.
Tip:- If you want to use this to direct someone to a particular post on a blog, go to the blog, find the post you need and click on that posts 'Heading/Title'. This differentiates between the blog home page and a particular post and only that post will show on the open tab. Now highlight the extended address, copy&paste into the dialogue box on your blog as I explained above and click OK.
If you want to enter a card for a Challenge you must do the same thing with the address so that it takes the Challenge owners directly to your card, not just your blog.
I hope I have explained that well enough for you. I am a terrible wordy person I know!
I am so pleased to see you have the buttons on your blog now, at least I now know I explained something right...LOL!!
Take care dear friend and have a great weekend. Linda xx
This is such a pretty card, love the colours and the image is so cute. When you are writing a post, you may have noticed a tool bar above the box you write in. There is a button labeled 'link'. You simply highlight the word you wish to add a link to...say for instance the word lindyloo, and click on link. It will display a box for you to add the link. You copy and paste the blog address that applies for lindyloo's blog and put it into the link. Hope that is clear. You will find lots of tips, hints and tutorial on how to do anything you can think of on a blog at http://www.sneakymommablogdesign.com/. If by chance what you need isn't there, just leave a comment asking her. Hugs lin
And now I can see lindyloo has expained lol. Hugs again
Hon your card is just gorgeous and I know Alana is going to love it dear. Thank you so much for bringing a smile to Alana's face. She is going to be so showered with cards !!! Thanks for all your help dear Sending Hugs
Hi there Jenny - I love the card you are sending to Alana - I wanted to get the address but when I tried to contact Donalda my 'puter kept giving me a warning! I'm a bit in limbo now.
I love your design and the colours are soo bright and cute. I particularly like those little flower sequins - they are just right for your card!!!!
Hugs to you Sue P xxx
Post a Comment