MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 2 February 2015

SUGAR SKULL BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog everyone that visits 
me.
I do hope you all had a great weekend.
Thank you for all your really great comments.
I very much appreciate your time spent visiting
me, and all the wonderful encouraging comments
I get from you.
I know there are some very talented people out
there so your visit is very important to me.

It was my Grandson's 16th Birthday on Saturday,
so after a long hard decision I decided to make 
this style card for him, as I had bought him
clothes with skulls on for Christmas.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
I made the backing paper out of the image, and
my Decoupage 2 CD.
The Grandson and Happy Birthday were cut
out on my ScanNcut.
I used the piece that usually goes in your snippets
box for my Grandson sentiment, and put Cosmic
Shimmer Glue in the recess, and then added some
Cosmic Shimmer Midnight Snow Glitter.
I also used lots of Snippets of card to back my
image, and sentiments, so I'm off to the Snippets
playground to join in the fun, and games.

Thank you kindly for your visit and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following 
challenges. 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/pixies-snippets-playground-week-162.html 

22 comments:

Rita said...

What a fabulous card Jenny. So grown up and he will love you for that I'm sure. You always do such beautiful inserts too. Hope you've been ok. Hugs Rita xxx

Pamellia said...

This is a great masculine card Jenny and it seems like it would be a perfect fit for the Christmas presents he received. hugs :)

Michelle said...

This is so cool Jenny - I bet he loved this and I hope he had a great day! Michelle x

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant card Jenny, great papers and images, I'm sure he thought it was totally cool, hugs Kate x

Sarn said...

WOW - that's a very stylised skull . . .he's bound to love it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Erika said...

A perfect card Jenny for a teenage boy, fabulous.

Hugs Erika. x

Di said...

Great card Jenny! LOVE the skull especially - just perfect for teenage boy.

Hugs

Di xx

Sarah said...

Brilliant card Jenny and typically teenager too!! xx

Jacee said...

Great design Jenny
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Irish Cherokee said...

Very impressive creation Jenny. Many teens nowadays love this sort of thing. I'm sure your grandson will love it. Very creative and imaginative.

Jim

Chris said...

Brilliant card Jenny! Fantastic image, bet your grandson loved it!
Thanks for visiting my blog...we're practically neighbours!
Chris
x

Denise Price said...

Hi Jenny, thanks for visiting my blog.

Your skull card is an excellent "boy card." Personally, I always have trouble coming up with card ideas for males, so I love to see this sort of inspiration.

Take care & Happy Birthday to your grandson!

Mojca said...

What a gorgeous car! Love how you decorated the insude. Hugs! Mojca

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A fabulous card, Jason will have absolutely loved it. The skull is fantastic, I must have a look for this CD, fabulous for male cards.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

pam said...

Brilliant card design for your Grandson Jenny, skull image is fabulous..
Pam

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Jenny. I'm sure your grandson loved it.

Liz said...

What a great card! Making cards for teenage boys I find are some of the most difficult to design, but this one is brilliant. xx

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Jenny, your Granson will be over the moon with it. Just the kind of thing they like at that age.
Great colours and design
Hugs

Patricia x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Not a subject matter I would like on a card lol! but the youngsters these days are into some weird things.
I'm sure that your grandson loved it.
Best wishes.
Ang x

MaryH said...

Wow! THis is so different from your usual frilly style. I'm with Mrs. Duck on the theme, but it IS what a lot of the youngsters like, and the card is for your Grand after all. I think you have aced it & he will just give you a big hug for this amazing card. The colors you selected are just fabulous with the theme of the card (Now my DH would love it too. He likes this kind of thing, and we have some Halloween stamps that look similar. Told him, he'd have to make the cards...I couldn't pull it off!) But you certainly did. TFS & hope back problems are still mending day by day. Hugs

Carole Z said...

What a fab card Jenny, a real 'wow'...so hard to make cards for teens but he was really thrilled with this...great design! hugs Carole Z X

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love the colors...great card and I am sure your grandson liked very much
hugs bibiana