MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 17 February 2017

HUMMING BIRD CARD


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends , and visitors.
Thank you for all get well wishes you are so kind.
Hopefully I will try and visit everyone eventually as I am trying to do commenting in stages throughout the days for a while.

So here is a card I made a couple of weeks ago.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The card stock and the image are from Hunkydory.
Placed a few die cuts under the images, and coloured my seam binding ribbon to match with Cracked Pistachio DI.
The Hummingbird Die cut inside is a Nbus one I have had for a while and I coloured it with Memento Inks.
Not too sure about this card as I think there are too many patterns on the front of the card.

Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

19 comments:

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, what a beautiful card!! Simple stunning !! Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

meg said...

Stunning card love how you picked out the lilac for your die cuts

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Jenny, great design and such pretty colours. xx

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful hummingbird image catches the eye and makes this card truly wonderful. Lovely work indeed.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration, Jenny!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Thank You Candy at Shaz in Oz Blog}

Chris said...

his one is stunning Jenny, the hummingbird image is beautiful and the colours and design complement it perfectly. Love that bow too (I'm rubbish at bows!). As always your attention to detail is superb.
Chris
x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I hope you are feeling much better !!
I'm loving the combination of colours you have here, they go this card.
Enjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card Jenny, gorgeous image, xxx

cuilliesocks said...

It's a beautiful card Jenny, lovely image and colours, Kate x

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning, Jenny!! The papers are so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful hummingbirds!! The colors are amazing!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

It's beautiful Jenny, love the pretty colours xx

Mrs A. said...

Your card is fabulous just as is. I love the design and patterns on the front.
Hugs Mrs A.

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Jenny! I love the Hunkydory products. This is a beautiful image and the pretty papers and bow are perfect with it!
Take care of yourself and feel better soon!
Love Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love those hummingbirds, the inside is gorgeous too. I really must start doing insides as well.

Kath x

Barb said...

A really lovely card Jenny. I love the colours. Barbxx

pam said...

Hi Jenny, hope you are feeling a bit better.
Beautiful card design, wonderful toppers and sentiment, beautiful colours.
Hugs Pam x

Darnell said...

Oh, Jenny, this is the most amazing card! You know how much I adore my little hummingbirds so this card just made me gasp! It is so beautifully designed!! I pray that your pain goes away soon. Please keep resting and don't overdo and please don't worry about visiting me until you feel 100% again! Love and hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Hi Jenny, I hope you are feeling better today. Love this gorgeous hummingbird (we will have those here in mid-summer). You've made this topper your own, with the lovely doily behind the topper and the trimmings you've added on this pretty card! Your patterns all worked together, and I didn't think you had too many at all! The doily pattern sort of repeated the damask of the background DP, and of course I love the sentiment too! Liked the border flowers that matched the topper flowers. Hugs & prayers that you get some pain relief real soon. TFS

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Don't be hard on yourself. It's beautiful, both inside and out. This is a super set you got from Hunkydory (as I gratefully know 😉)
Missy Darnell would love this as she adores her hummers.
With all good wishes.
Ang x