MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 29 August 2019

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES DT CARD............THINGS WITH WINGS


Hi and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Today starts a new challenge 
at the
It's the B Teams turn and the lovely Jackie T is your host, and she would like to see
Things With Wings on your creations.
The challenge runs from today till Wednesday the 11th of September and closes at 6PM GMT.
So here is what I made for my DT card.

  

This is a 7"x7" size card.
I made my backing paper from lots of the Hunkydory Topper Decks, and then distressed the edges with  scissors.
After which I inked all the edges with distress ink to make it look vintage looking.
I also added some gold gilding wax to give it a slight gold look. 

Please pop over to the challenge blog to see the lovely DT creations made by my B Team friends.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

18 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, hope you are okay. This is a fabulous card and I love the way you made your backing paper. The topper sets it off so well. Love and hugs Christine xxx

meg said...

Love this nostalgic card, it must have been a bit terrifying flying these small aircraft, love your card

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a fantastic card. I love that you have not used birds or butterflies. Thank you for making this for my challenge. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Wendy L said...

Love it Jenny, thank you

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love how you made the background and the images of the vintage airplanes!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chris said...

Fantastic masculine card Jenny, beautifully designed and the vintage airplane images are wonderful. Going to have to pinch this idea as I can think of at least 4 guys who would love it! Thanks for the inspiration.
hugs
xxx

KandA said...

Fabulous card and super images xx

Brenda in IN said...

I like your take on things with wings. That is great paper and I love the distress edges and gilding. It does look vintage along with the planes.

Lynne said...

A fabulous card Jenny, love the vintage look x

Aquarius said...

What a great card and a really interesting take on the theme making a contrast to the usual ideas such as fairies, butterflies etc.

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous male card Jenny, the aeroplane images are brilliant and I love the vintage looking colours.
I hope you are keeping well, Kate x

pam said...

Fabulous card design Jenny.
Pam x

Mrs A. said...

Lovely card for a male. Love. The vinatage look and those colour work so well together. Like all the distressing too. Hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card Jenny make a lovely change from butterflies, great male card and a super design.

Kath x

Sarah said...

What a lovely vintage looking card Jenny. I never think of aeroplanes for male cards and these look amazing. The distressing really makes such a difference xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Jenny, I'm only just back in the 'land of the living' again!

Your design is fabulous, love everything about it

Take care

June x

Caz said...

Beautiful Jenny...Sorry im late again..Loving your card..

Caz xx

Furrbster said...

Fab creation!

Hugz Tinz