MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 6 July 2020

MALE RETIREMENT CARD AND BOX


Hi and welcome to all my very talented and craft loving friends.

I do hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I was asked to make a retirement card for a colleague at my Daughter's works recently.
It was a request that needed to be made quickly so good old Hunkydory images to the rescue.
The person in question has worked for my Daughter's company for 38 years and what dedication to work there for so long, and help lots of clients that have learning difficulties.






This is a 8"x8" size card and box I made to fit it.
The Hunkydory card stock and images were a Hunkydory free gift from their site back last year I think, you just pay £2.99 for the postage. 
I included ten 5"x5" cards in the pockets for everyone to sign and give their own greetings.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.
I really appreciate every visit and wonderful comment you make.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.
 
 

24 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is a beautiful card and box and the idea of popping the smaller cards inside for people to sign is a really good one.

Brenda in IN said...

Your cards are always so thoughtful. There is so much attention to details like the spine of this card. It is just beautiful and the box is also beautiful. Each card is a gift by itself. He will sure love this. Thirty eight years is a long time!

Chris said...

This is wonderful Jenny, so beautifully designed and crafted- a fabulous way for colleagues to record their memories and good bye wishes, and a lovely keepsake for the retiring gentleman.
hugs
xx

Jo said...

That's a fabulous make Jenny, love the idea of adding smaller cards for personal messages. Will make a beautiful keepsake x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterende kaart
Groetjes Gerrie

meg said...

A beautiful keepsake Jenny, fantastic idea to include the smaller cards for people to leave a message

Wendy L said...

It looks wonderful Jenny,good old Hunkydory, x

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning retirement card. I bet everyone loved it. The smaller cards are such a good idea. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mrs A. said...

What a great Idea Jennie and a lovely gift yo keep for years. Hugs Mrs A.

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This retirement card and box is stunning, and I love that you have put little cards inside for people to sign, fabulous !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

How beautiful Jenny, it's a fabulous image and so creatively designed, lovely to have the box too, I'm sure the recipient will love it, Kate x

pam said...

That is beautiful Jenny, what a wonderful keepsake.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

Oh my words Jenny this is stunning, fabulous design and some really super male images,

Kath x

Sue said...

Stunning as usual my lovely fairy godmother..I haven't had much time for commenting either I'm sick of seeing the hospital with Paul! and Ollie is slowly recuperating after having two ops..stay safe Jenny and lots of huggles and sloppies....Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

This is a fabulous keepsake Jenny, you've created another winner for sure

June x

Brenda said...

What an amazing retirement card Jenny! I love the sailing theme on the outside of the card. 38 years, that is quite the accomplishment! Even more so since this person helped a lot of clients that had learning disabilities. How sweet of you to place individual cards inside of the big card for people to sign. Love that idea! The box is equally beautiful too. You sure do make amazing cards Jenny! Hugs, Brenda

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a lovely retirement gift card Jenny. I have this Hunkydory kit too, it has some lovely image in it.
Lorraine

Sarah said...

This is a fantastic make Jenny and I love how you include the little cards so that personal messages can be written and kept within the album. One of the Partners at work has just retired from the Practice but is going to continue to locum for us for a while yet so I should have a go at making one of these for when he actually leaves us for the last time xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Yes, don't faint, it is me lol!!!
What a wonderful gift and one that's sure to be treasured.
Take care.
Ang x

Michelle said...

This is so stunning Jenny - love the box and card - Michelle x

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Furrbster said...

This is an amazing idea!

Hugz Tinz

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is beautiful Jenny and such a lovely gift idea x

scrappymo! said...

Great card for a retirement, Jenny! Love the idea of tucking in the extra cards for the workers to sign...