MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 2 March 2017

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE.......G IS FOR GLOSSY ACCENTS/ AND OR SLATE BLUE


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I spent a few hours making totally the wrong card for this challenge so I had to re-make it again.
I used my Misti to do my stamping as it was an early Birthday present from my DH.
Now a cautionary tale for anyone about to buy a Misti.
Nothing wrong with it, but after buying mine I found Tim Holtz makes a similar one sold by Tonic for much less money.
So anyone who wants to buy one check this out, as I found out too late after I bought mine.

Onto my card for the Butterfly Challenge.


Now I had a lot of trouble with the colour slate blue as I don't have any card that colour so I used my Memento Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue to colour white card.
I also used a stamp set I won in the Butterfly Challenge a couple of months ago.
I added my Glossy Accents to the bigger Butterflies.
I used Cosmic Shimmer Silver PVA glue for my dots, but mine is getting old, and after it dried I noticed the pin holes in them so there must have been air holes I didn't notice.

Thank you so much for your visit.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.





I would like to enter this into the following challenge.

20 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, xxx

Christine Harrop said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. Sorry you had to re-do your card but well worth it. I have the "Hampton Art Stamp Perfect" - again much cheaper than the Misti and works well. Hugs Christine xx

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Lovely card Jenny. I bought my Misti a little while back and then see the new products are on the market. Do take care with the magnets though as one of mine "exploded" in half....

Take care x

meg said...

Beautiful card love the blue shade

Mrs A. said...

This is so pretty and until you said I never spotted the pin holes!Lol. Love your colour tone of slate blue. So nice to see a circle card too. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

The color you've created with your Brilliance ink is lovely. Excellent idea to custom make your cardstock color. This is a beautifully shaped card, and cool that you were able to showcase your Butterfly win in such a gorgeous card. The G.Accents really shows off so nicely on this card. TFS & Hugs

Chris said...

Very delicate and pretty Jenny. It's a lovely design and I love the blue shade you've made with your inks, beautiful stamps, the butterflies look lovely with the glossy accents.
Chris
x

Barb said...

Hello Jenny, I think your easel card is absolutely lovely. The colours are gorgeous and I do like round cards. Barbxx

Jean said...

A very pretty butterfly card Jenny, I love the subtle blue colour and the round shape looks very nice too.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

Love the subtle shades Jenny and the round card, I think they make a lovely change.

Kath x

pam said...

Beautiful easel butterfly card Jenny, love the gorgeous colour you created and wonderful stamping.
Pam x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Jenny!! The blue is so beautiful!! I love the dimensional butterflies and the round easel design!! I bought the Misti when they first came out so I paid top dollar...but I can't stamp an image without it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Judith said...

So pretty jenny and gorgeous stamping - love the design of your pretty card hugs judith x

aussie aNNie said...

Hello Jenny, love this card with the pretty colours and design. Butterflies are gorgeous.x[aNNie]

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card is really lovely, I adore the colour and the stamping is gorgeous, I love it !!
I bought the large size Misti, and I love it, but I was contemplating buying the smaller one for smaller stamping, then Tim Holtz showed us his 'take' on it, which is smaller, so I have pre-ordered one for delivery in April. I pre-ordered mine from Crafty Devils who seemed the cheapest, but now Samuel Taylors have a pre-order which is a bit cheaper again.
Enjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Very pretty card and a lovely shade of blue.
Haven't a Scooby what a Misti is so will have to go investigate.
Best wishes.
Ang x

AlisonC said...

This is so pretty, I love the blue and all the detail. x

My Paper Cat said...

So pretty and delicate. Thanks for playing at Butterfly Challenge

Brenda said...

I am loving the EH one too Jenni but already own the Most I as well. I do love it though. Your card is stunning!!! I love that you inked you white card base. The stamping is perfect and I love your pearls. Hugs, Brenda

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, have to catch up on your blogs this week. Lovely card. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com