MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 30 July 2017

PIXIES SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND.......GD CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I quite enjoy joining my friends at the
This is a challenge run by the lovely Di and her helper Parsnip.
The aim is to use up your mounting snippets of paper, and card amounted by creating your creations.
So when Di asked for people who would like to be a GD I put my name to the list of lovely playground friends who were interested.
So this week she kindly asked me if I would like to be her GD.
Of course I said yes, so thank you so much Di for inviting me to be your GD this time around, and thank you for all your hard work involved in this super challenge.
So here is the card I made out of my Snippets for my GD.



This card is a 5"x4" in size.
I started by cutting the shape of the card out of a 6"x6" card blank with my Couture Enchanted Escapes Die.
I used the next to largest die for the shape as there are 4 sizes to choose from.
Then I cut an aperture from my snippets with the smaller die.
I glued some more snippets left over from another project to the inside of the aperture. 
Mounted the whole shape on foam pads for depth.
Cut out some small foliage that came with the die from more snippets, and added some gems, and butterflies given to me by Wendy a good blog friend, and I'm sure she makes these out of snippets too.
Finally I stamped my sentiment with London Fog Ink, and inked around the edges with Milled Lavender Ink.

Thank you so much for your visit, and your precious time.
I very much appreciate your visit, and comments.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

26 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the colors and the design!! The butterflies are so beautiful!! I love, love this!! Congrats on your GD spot!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Di said...

Sending a big squishy hug from Parsnip - and many thanks from me for being our GD this time around Jenny!

Hugs

Di xx

Jane Willis said...

Very beautiful! Congratulations on being GD - hope you can keep the playmates under control!
Jane

Aquarius said...

A beautiful card for the designer spot in the Playground - tried to follow you but Blogger came up with an error but will try again later. This card is really pretty and an unusual shape.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jenny. I certainly do make the butterflies from snippets, any off cuts of paper are snipped into butterflies!!!

meg said...

Beautiful card, it's great to have a thinking of you card it covers so many occasions gorgeous papers and design layout

Sarah said...

Such a fab card Jenny, the shape is so pretty and the layers add such lovely interest. Great colour too. It's been ages since I have been to the playground xx

Sarn said...

Your cards are ALWAYS so brilliant Jenny. Keepsakes forever.

Congrats on your GD spot over at the Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Jenny, congratulations on your GD spot, and who doesn't love a little Lavender and Lace. Your card is absolutely beautiful! Crafty hugs, Sandra x

KandA said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. Love the colours and shape and all those fabulous details. Such a super design to use up your snippets xx

Chris said...

Congrats on your GD Jenny...you've designed a beautiful card for this challenge, such a lovely way of using those snippets! Love the shape and colours of this feminine and pretty card.
Chris
x

Cara said...

This is just so pretty and in my favourite purples too! I love those little butterflies they finish it off perfectly x

Sue said...

Stunning card my dear fairy godmother!!!! absolutely gorgeous and I love the colours too..take care and lots of love and sloppies from the J household xxxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jean said...

A lovely card Jenny, the colours and the unusual shape are very pretty.
Jean x

cuilliesocks said...

Such a pretty card Jenny and beautiful papers, love your colours, beautifully designed from snippets, Kate x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A lovely card, I love the shape, and created from snippets - brilliant !!
I really must start using my snippets, I have loads of them but always forget to look at them hahaha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

Just gorgeous Jenny, great shape, lovely colours and a super design, ticks all boxes.
Well done on GDT, you did th ePlayground proud.

Kath x

Mia said...

Your card is beautiful, Jenny. I love the purple colours, the laces and the butterfly! Kisses, my friend.

Liz said...

Congratulations on your GD spot over in the Playground, Jenny. Gorgeous card, I love the shape and the colours are so pretty. xx

StirYourCreativity said...

It's a gorgeous card! lovely colors.

Brenda said...

Can't think of anyone better to be a Snippet's Playground Guest designer Jenny! Love this beautiful card! The paper and lacy are so pretty together and love the butterflies as well. Just stunning! Hugs, Brenda

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Love the colour and fun shape. Congrats on being GD for the wonderful, Di.

Trina x

Carol L said...

How beautiful is this unique and stunning card! I love the layering, especially the stamping and of course the purple colors! those butterflies are so amazing and lifelike with the vellum! Well done!

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful! I love how you used the snippets. This is such a beautiful card, JEnny.

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

wow! such a pretty and elegant card :) love it!
hugs
preeti

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Congratulations on the GD spot.
Beautiful card Jenny. Love the shape and my favourite colour.
Wendy's butterflies are good aren't they.
Best wishes.
Ang x