MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 9 August 2017

RED,WHITE, AND BLUE SEASIDE CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

This morning I managed to make my entry into the Allsorts Challenge this week.
The challenge theme is the colours of your countries flag so as mine is Red, White, and Blue this is what I made.
I was tempted to use the colours of the Welsh flag where I was born, but was not so sure if I was able to use that.
I went with a seaside image as that lends itself to the colours.
Made a boob,boob, and had to redo the image after photoing the first one as the sea horizon was lopsided didn't notice it till I had it in photo editing program good job I had another image I could use as you get 2 sheets of the same images.
Think maybe it's still slightly lopsided not good with straight lines due to my bad eyesight.



This is a 6"x6" size card.
The papers are from B&M.
The image is a Joanna Sheen's book of Faye Whittaker lovely drawings.
I wanted it to look like you were looking through a telescope.
Cut the bunting by hand. 

Thank you so much for your visit, and the wonderful comments you make they really make my day.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 

21 comments:

Chris said...

LOve this Jenny, the bold colour combo, beautiful design and sweet image are perfect together. The bunting looks fabulous, horizon looks fine to me... or maybe my eyes aren't perfect either :)))
Chris
x

Aquarius said...

Great effect and good choice of paper to go with the fun image.

brenda said...

Yet another lovely card Jenny, I am always so impressed how you carry the theme and colours to the inside as well, really makes then that extra bit special. Many thanks for joining us again at ALlsorts challenge.

As for lopsided, I'm an expert at that, trouble is I often don't notice until I see them on screen but which time it's far to late to correct.

B x

meg said...

Love the nostalgic image and sentiments Jenny, great papers and bunting

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love the image you have used and the colours are just perfect. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Em Louise Fairley said...

Jenny, it's so beautiful xoxo

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the nautical theme!! The image is so sweet!! The horizon looks straight to me!! I love the banner, too!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is lovely Jenny. I have the Faye Whittaker CD rom and the images on it are gorgeous, especially the seaside scenes. This is just perfect for this week's Allsorts challenge. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous card, very British image too. Gorgeous design and colours, love the bunting and the inside of the card.
Thank you for joining our 'Colours of your Flag' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Jean said...

This is a lovely card Jenny, The colours and the backing paper are spot onto go with the cute seaside image.
Jean x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card Jenny, great papers used!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterde kaart Jenny .Leuk plaatje.
Groetjes Gerrie

Cara said...

Fabulous card, love the little seaside scene and the bunting is perfect x

Mia said...

What a beautiful nautical card, Jenny! I love the image, the flags and the buttons! Have a great week, my friend.

cuilliesocks said...

What a charming image Jenny and a super card, brilliantly designed and coloured, Kate x

Barb said...

Oh I love this card Jenny. It reminds me of postcards along Brighton seafront when I was a child. Barbxx

susiestacey said...

Great card Jenny love the image and it looks straight to me. Love the little flags at the top too.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Just commented on your previous post about B&M papers lol!
Terrific card that reminds me of those old postcards you get at the seaside.
Love it!
Ang x

Mummylade said...

Lovely creation! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

pam said...

Wonderful creations Jenny, love your fabulous image.
Pam x

Unknown said...

What a pretty card and gift bag Jenny. What a lovely smile your daughter in law has. Sorry the weather wasn't the best for the fete. I'm sure your lovely cards will help to raise extra funds. Barbxx

หนังใหม่