MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 26 September 2017

CHRISTMAS EMBOSSED CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I am at the moment very busy making tissue boxes to sell at the Macmillan coffee morning on Friday, and the rest of the week I will be baking for it as well.

A couple of weeks ago Mrs Duck launched her new website where you can buy some crafty stash at reasonable prices if anyone is interested there is a Link on my side bar that will take you there.
Of course as Ang is a good blog friend I had to purchase didn't I. 
I bought the John Next Door Rustic Frame embossing folder, and this is what I created with it.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
I started by painting some white card with Starlight Paint Topaz to get my lovely bronze gold card.
Then I embossed it with John's embossing folder, and as it's a Nbus item I will be joining Darnell's Nbus Challenge.
Just matt and layered the different colour card.
Die cut my TL Poinsettia, leaves, and fir branches with the painted card.
The Christmas calendar is from the Pink Gem website.
Finished it off with a bow and some snowflakes cut from the painted card.
I am really pleased with how this turned out.

26 comments:

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, such a beautiful card.....love the colour combinations....looks very opulent !! Good luck with the macmillan coffee morning. Janice x http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love it. The flowers and the embossing are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Christine Harrop said...

Super card Jenny. The colours are fabulous. Hope things are well with you. Love and hugs Christine xx

KandA said...

Stunning card Jenny. The gold and black colour combo and the embossing folder and flowers are all so fabulous xx

Jean said...

A lovely festive, luxurious looking card Jenny, the embossing and die cuts are fab.
Jean x

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Jenny what a luxurious and elegant card, love this EF and your wonderful design, beautifully embellished too, Kate x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, John has produced some gorgeous goodies, xxx

Kathleen said...

My words, what a totally stunning creation, there is absolutely nothing on this card not to like, bet it looks even more stunning IRL. Go to the top of the class.

Kath x

pam said...

What a stunning card Jenny, love the embossing and beautiful decoration, I too purchased these folders! still have to use them!.
Hugs Pam x

Chris said...

Wowser! This is gorgeous, love those metallic colours Jenny, A totally elegant card with a real touch of luxury...it's a stunner!
Chris
x

Mia said...

A beautiful golden card!!!!!! Kisses, Jenny!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, Jenny! This is stunning. I love all the gold and the bright fun feel to this sweet card. You put a lot of love into it, and I'm glad you shared it at the NBUS challenge.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

P.S. I'd love to have you stop by and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday, too. LOTS of great prizes and loads of fun. I hope you will join us there as well. It's another great place to share your NBUS. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, what a wonderful card ,love the noble gold paper and the Christmas theme!!!

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, A beautiful card, I'm loving the colours you have created too.
I will be baking tomorrow too for Macmillan coffee morning at my hubby's workplace on Friday.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sarah said...

Hi Jenny. Sounds like you are being a very busy girl!! I love this luxurious Christmas card, so expensive looking xx

BożenA said...

Oh, wooow !! This is such a beautiful card !! I love the deep golden color of your card's panel. The combination of black, gold and ecrie is simply dazzling. The gold plated panel made it look like it was made of a golden sheet instead of paper. Excellent idea and amazing card.
Hugs from Poland,
BożenA

Darnell said...

Jenny, I think you lasso'd the sun with this pure gold work of art! It's spectacular! Thank you, my friend, for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #12! Good luck and have fun at the coffee morning!! Hugs, Darnell

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Jenny

I so love this card, the design and colour is beautiful and John's embossing folder looks super on your design

Crafty smiles.... June x

Cara said...

This is just stunning! Love the rich gold tones. Hope the coffee morning is a success x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jenny, love the black and gold and that gorgeous flower :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Jenny, so elegant and stylish. xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Thanks for the plug. Glad you've enjoyed playing with your new goodies.
You've done wonders with this folder. Beautiful opulent looking card and beautifully embellished.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is stunning, Jenny. I love the gold elements. What an amazing creation. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your talents with us. I hope that you will play along with us again soon.
God bless you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Brenda said...

Wow Jenny, this is a stunning Christmas card, just stunning! I'm at a loss for words. It's so elegant. Hugs, Brenda

scrappymo! said...

This is such an elegant card. Loving the gold. Brilliant idea to create your own colour too!

We do not have the nursing fundraisers like you do...I think they are such a great thing. I read ahead and see you made a good total...you all should be very proud of yourselves!

Barb said...

Oooh Jenny! This is stunning. Barbxx