MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 13 July 2018

WENDY'S F/BOOK SKETCH CHALLENGE CARD


Hi, and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Also welcome to anyone who just pops by to look at my work.


Here is a card I made for Wendy's sketch challenge on F/Book.





This is a 6"x6" size card.
I had been after the Appl Blossom card kit since seeing it advertised in my stamping magazine.
Hubby was having one of his no spend times so I was having to sit on my hands, and bite my nails as I really wanted this.
A good blog friend suggested buying in the supermarket with my shopping,
so he wouldn't know, but every time I looked there was none to be had.
Till last week I spotted one right at the back of a shelf.
So my card is my version of Wendy's sketch from the Apple Blossom kit.
Stamped the flowers with izink ink, and used a Crafters Companion glitter pen on them, and of course the butterflies are from Wendy our team leader.
The pale card is actually a very light peach card which looks cream in the photo, and is the other side of the orange card.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
I am always so happy to read your lovely comments.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY 

18 comments:

Wendy L said...

Very beautiful Jenny. I, too am having to stop spending, dont we all keep saying we dont need anymore!!!!

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love how you have interpreted the sketch. I do understand what you mean about craft spending. There are so many tempting things around. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

meg said...

beautiful colours and layout Jenny, gorgeous card

Lynne said...

A fabulous card Jenny and love your flowers x

Lia said...

Jenny this is a stunning card and you used such bright colours. Feels like summer!!
Lia xx

Chris said...

It's beautiful Jenny, such lovely warm colours and a great interpretation of the sketch.
Chris
x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Jenny!! I love the design and the beautiful flowers!! The butterflies along the side are such a fabulous touch!! So stunning!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, the colours are fabulous and it's a great take on the sketch xx

MaryH said...

I really like the fancy way you've interpreted this challenge with the wonderful edging. Also love the bright hot color combined with the sheen of the cream papers. Your lovely flowers always add such elegance to all your cards, and of course - you make the insides beautiful too! Have a lovely weekend, and hope you can be cool where you are. TFS & Hugs

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A really gorgeous card, lovely colours. I had to chuckle at your 'write up, haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

pam said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, love the beautiful colours.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

Super take on the sketch and love the bright and bold colour scheme, lovely flowers too.

Kath x

Brenda said...

Oh Jenny, this is a beautiful card! I love your take on the sketch and I can see why you wanted this set. So glad you were able to get around the hubby's spending ban. lol Love that you got it in the food store, I've done that myself a time or two! lol Love the colors in this card and I do so love those beautiful flowers. Those pearls match perfectly! Hugs, Brenda

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Jenny

This is a really lovely card. Gorgeous flowers, love the colour combo and, of course, Wendy's butterflies. Are they enamel?

I know what you mean about craft spending lol.... but there is always something new we 'must have'

Happy crafting

June x

Mrs A. said...

Hope hubby doesn't read your blog. Mine does! I managed to pick this up from a well known book sellers and hopefully this week will be able to have a play with it. Love, love this pretty card and your interpretation of the scratch. Hugs Mrs A.

Michelle said...

So beautiful Jenny - amazing die-cuts and gorgeous summery colours. Great take on the sketch too! Michelle x

Craftyhugs said...

Hi Jenny hope you're well hun. This heat is good for my bones but I'm struggling elsewhere with it lol. This card is beautiful! Love your flowers and colours are stunningly vibrant xx

Donna Ellis said...

Good morning, Jenny. Just a quick note to say WOWOW! Gorgeous card - and to thank you - for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Hoping your day is extra special! hugs, de