MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 31 January 2021

RUDOLF DAYS CHALLENGE JANUARY 2021

 

Hi and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

 

Sorry I have not been about much this month I am suffering with my Arthritis quite badly everywhere in my body at the mo.

So with this new lockdown I have no help with my work, and it takes me ages to get it all done, and then I am too exhausted to blog.

I have however made quite a few cards as I had orderes and family ones to do, and January is a busy month for family Birthdays. 

I can never say no to anyone that asks me to make cards are you the same.

Well that's enough of my woes I am sure there are lots more people with more severe health issues than me so I shouldn't grumble.

 

So I quickly made a card for the 

Rudolf Days Challenge over at

SCARPPYMOS BLOG 

 as I don't like to miss it, and it's not my month for DT so I can enter. 

 


This is a 7"x5" size card.

The stamp is a Wooeware one that was one of  lovely presents from Maureen for being on her DT.

I origanlly stamped it on the front of the card, but I didn't like it like that so I stamped it again and cut it out and raised it on card board

this is a cheaper way than using foam tape.

Will be back tomorrow with my DT for Moving Along With The Times as it's the first of the month.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.

I really appreciate your visit especially as I am such a bad blogger at the mo.

Lots of crafty love.  JENNY

I would like to enter this not the following challenge.

https://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.com/2021/01/january-rudoph-days-challenge.html
 

10 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, So sorry to hear that you are having health problems, let's hope that when the temperatures warm up a bit your arthritis will be less painful for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Your Rudolph challenge card is lovely, I don't know how you get the time to make all these cards for challenges and friends and family too, you are an inspiration to me.
Take care.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

meg said...

A beautiful monochromatic card Jenny,love the stamping and your layout,hope your pain eases as the weather improves

Sally H said...

Sorry to hear your Arthritis is troubling you. I hope you get some relief soon. Your card is beautiful! I too struggle to say no to making cards for others.

scrappymo! said...

Hi, Jenny! I hope your flare-up of arthritis settles down somewhat. I know it is not fun to sope with long term. Wish this virus was more under control so you could get your helpers back to assist you.

Glad to see you using your stamp. I like the idea of using cardboard to save the cost of foam dots. They sure are pricey to use on a large stamped image. It takes so many!

Thanks for taking part in the first Rudolph Days Challenge this year!

Aquarius said...

Sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment and I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully we will soon get some warmer and drier weather which should help I'm sure. Super Christmas card, like the layers and the splatters on the background.

LesleyG said...

Lovely card Jenny, love the inked edges and splats too. Hope you’re feeling better soon xxx

Chris said...

Sorry to hear you are suffering Jenny, I know what a cruel and painful condition arthritis is as it's prevalent in my family, I'm the lucky one who doesn't suffer from it and I'm hoping it will stay that way. I hope this flare up dies down soon and you can get some relief from the pain.
Your CAS card is beautiful, love the colour and the spattered background.
hugs
xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment with your very painful condition, I hope you feel better soon.
Your card is gorgeous, lovely images and such frosty shades of blue, take care, Kate x

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, I hope you are feeling better with your arthritis, things can be very hard when pain is a constant part of your day. I hope you are coping in your third lockdown, doing something that keeps you busy. Love the splatters of ink behind the image and I have used cardboard packaging to lift larger images, no one knows any different... Have a wonderful week... Megan

Anonymous said...

I love this, Jenny! The stark black images really pop against the soft blue! Thank you so much for playing along with the first 2021 Rudolph Days Challenge! Sorry I'm late commenting, I've had a heck of a time with blogs not allowing me to leave comments which slowed me up. more than my usual slow speed. :)
Linda, DT