MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 5 March 2021

MASCULINE BIRTHDAY CARD

 

Hi and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

 

Well it's the weekend again so soon the weeks seem to fly by.

 

I have a masculine card to show for a change.

I made this for my Grandson who loves to go fishing, he had all my husbands fishing gear after he passed so it was not wasted.

 


This is a 8"x8" size card.

I made the Kraft card from 2 A4 pieces of card stock as I had some kraft envelopes left over from another set of cards.

I matted it with matt silver card and the basket weave paper is from Tattered Lace.

The image is a Hunkydory one from one of their books.

I used some snippets of green mirri card I had for the other matts.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.

I reall appreciate every visit, and wonderful comment.

Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.
 

17 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A lovely card for your Grandson and very apt as he likes fishing too. It is fantastic that your Grandson was able to use Tony's fishing gear, and I bet he has lovely memories of his Grandad when he is casting his line out.
Take care.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Mrs A. said...

Love this very masculine card. Hunkydory really do have some lovely images and on such good quality card too. Hugs Mrs A.

Liz said...

Beautiful card Jenny, and perfect for your grandson. xx

Sarah said...

What a perfect card for your fisherman Grandson. How lovely that he has Tony's fishing gear to use,enjoy and treasure xx

Kathleen said...

A really great card for someone who likes fishing, perfect for my BIL. Great image and a really great design.

Kath x

Chris said...

A beautifully designed card Jenny, love the image, it's timeless and will appeal to any fisherman (or woman). I think it's lovely that your grandson has inherited his grandfather's fishing gear- and love of the sport.
xx

meg said...

The perfect card for your grandson Jenny,the topper is a beauty

Aquarius said...

A super image for this fishing themed card for your grandson - bet he loved it.

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card. I have a friend who would love a card like this. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Brenda in IN said...

I love that you passed the fishing equipment on to your grandson. I passed my husband's golf clubs to my sons and grandsons. This card is awesome for him. I love the fishing hat!

Wendy L said...

Love it Jenny, a perfect one for my BIL, xxx

Sue said...

Hi my lovely fairygodmother! what a fabulous masculine card!!! lots of sloppies and huggles xxxxx Sue xxxxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful male card Jenny, a fabulous topper and perfect for someone with a fishing hobby, Kate x

Brenda said...

What a fabulous masculine card Jenny! I love the fishing theme, as who doesn't love to fish? I miss doing that with my late hubby. How sweet that your grandson got all your late hubby's fishing gear. I'm sure every time he goes fishing he will be thinking of his grandpa! Sending love and hugs from me to you! Brenda

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hunkydory have some lovely images for male cards and this is a beautiful card Jenny.
Lorraine

Maria said...

Life is made every day, do not wait for Friday or the holiday to be happy. Every day of life is worth living well, because every day can be special.

scrappymo! said...

Hi JEnny
Loved this fishing card. And also loved that you gave the fishing gear to someone who would appreciate it.My son-in-law received his grandmothers fishing rods from step grandfather. He was so close to Mike and Carolyn and treated them as if they were his own. He let Carolyn chose anything from the china cabinet that she liked!

Great card, Jenny.