MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 7 April 2022

RETIREMENT CARD AND BOX

 

Hi and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

 

I was aked sometime ago by my Daughter to make a retirement card for their gardener at her works that was retiring so this is what I made.

 





This is a 8"x8" size card and box I made to fit it.

I downloaded a photo of a man sitting on a lawnmower from the internet and printed it on photo paper.

The mirri card is Tonic and the base card is Tattered Lace card stock.

I made lots of little 5"x5" size cards to go in the pockets inside, all with images from the Hunkydory Garden Treasures.

Added some John Lockwoods small leaves to finish it all off.

Sentiment computer generated.


Thank you so much for your vist and precious time.

I really appreciate every visit and wonderful comment you make.

Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

9 comments:

Chris said...

A perfect retirement card for a gardener Jenny! I always love these special cards you design with the cards for individual messages tucked inside, it really is a brilliant idea and makes such a lovely keepsake.
hugs
xxx

Brenda in IN said...

Such a perfect card for a gardener. The picture is so cool and adding the leaves is a great touch. The papers are so pretty and the cards inside with the same theme are nice for him to use as thank you cards.

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous card and box Jenny, it's a perfect image for a gardener, and love the little notelets you've added too, I'm sure he'll love it, Kate x

Patricia Howarth said...

This card and box is superb and an ideal keepsake for a gardener on his Retirement, he will love this.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

meg said...

As always a beautiful keepsake/ work of art,love your focal image and all those garden themed notelets

Liz said...

This is a fabulous project Jenny, and perfect for the recipient. xx

Wendy L said...

This is one to be treasured, gorgeous. I recognised the LOTV toppers, love those. I think I have used all mine boohoo, xx

scrappymo! said...

What a perfect card for a gardener!

Brenda said...

Oh this is perfect Jenny, I can't imagine Pete not loving this! I thought at first that was Pete on his tractor, but then read it wasn't. lol Such a beautiful keepsake! Hugs, Brenda