MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 10 May 2015

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE AND SNIPPETS CHALLENGE CARD

Hi and welcome to my part of blog land, all my
very talented friends, and visitors.
I do hope you are having a great weekend, and 
the weather is lovely wherever you may live.

I have had just a wonderful lucky week, as I won
one of Sue Wilson's new dies on her blog, and 
then yesterday I won the Pink Gem Challenge.
I nearly missed both as my Internet has been playing up, one min it was on and then the next 
it was off again.
It was all to do with the router, but my provider
said there was nothing wrong with it.
This is the 2nd one we have had from our 
provider in less than a year.
Lots of probs with our provider so when our
contract is up we won't be going back with them,
as their customer service is awful.
Well that's enough of my grumbling.

Here is my entry into the Butterfly Challenge,
and the snippets playground.





This is a 6"x6" size card.
All the papers, and card used are snippets,
except for the base card.
The base card I bought from the supermarket,
and it was Dovecraft, and a bargain of £1-99
for 10 cards and envelopes.
The Birthday sentiment, and the daisies, are a
snippet left over from a Hunkydory freebie
from a craft magazine.
I added some micro beads to the center of the daisies.
The ribbon,and the butterfly button are from the works, and the other butterflies my sister sent me.

Thank you for your visit, time, and putting up
with my moaning today.
Hopefully my internet will allow me to visit
you.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

I would like to enter this into the following 
challenges.
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/30-butterflies-j-is-for-jagged-edges.html
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/pixies-snippets-playground-week-175-and.html 

31 comments:

Michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your wins Jenny - well done - Your card is gorgeous, loving the ripped paper effect - Michelle x

Mojca said...

waw this looks lovely and colourful! Hugs! Mojca

Pamellia said...

This is beautiful Jenny!! Your colours and patterns are so soft and pretty and I really love how you ripped the edges of all your layers, such a stunning shabby element!! Love those butterflies and gorgeous flowers, just wonderful!! hugs :)

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous colours...that image is also so awesome...have a great week ahead..xxx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Sarn said...

Lots of jagged edged goodness here Jenny. Lovely summery card. Hope internet is fixed. xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Congratulations on your Wins !! you lucky girlie.
I'm really loving your snippetts card, you have got the 'knack' with the paper tearing, the strips look fabulous.
Here's hoping your internet is fine, and that 'normal service has been resumed' !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Congratulations on your Wins !! you lucky girlie.
I'm really loving your snippetts card, you have got the 'knack' with the paper tearing, the strips look fabulous.
Here's hoping your internet is fine, and that 'normal service has been resumed' !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Congratulations on your wins Jenny, have fun with them.
Beautiful card, lots of lovely embellishments too, hugs Kate x

Planetsusie said...

Well done Matey - I'm so pleased (yes it's me blogging!!) to read of your two latest wins! I'm not surprised though 'cos you are so talented. I love this card of yours and the paper tearing is amazing, if I try it I usually go off to one side - lol!!! Sorry you are having trouble with your 'provider' some of them really do seem to be hopeless. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get it all sorted out very soon.

Big hugs to you both

Sue Pxxx (and pidgy too of course)

Planetsusie said...

Well done Matey - I'm so pleased (yes it's me blogging!!) to read of your two latest wins! I'm not surprised though 'cos you are so talented. I love this card of yours and the paper tearing is amazing, if I try it I usually go off to one side - lol!!! Sorry you are having trouble with your 'provider' some of them really do seem to be hopeless. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get it all sorted out very soon.

Big hugs to you both

Sue Pxxx (and pidgy too of course)

Di said...

Super jagged edges there Jenny - and such a lovely card too. As always, so much beautiful detail!

Hugs

Di xx

Patricia said...

Lots of pretty papers making a brilliant card.
Patricia x

Sarah said...

Well done on your wins Jenny, I saw that your card had won on AGOAC!! Love your pretty girly card today, gorgeous pastel shades xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Jenny I like the flowers and the butterflies
Kevin xx

Hazel said...

Jenny, I was so pleased to see you win over on Sues blog, to many only comment when she is giving away her dies. Another beautiful cheerful card. Hazel x

Liz said...

Great card for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge, Jenny! I find it so hard to add ripped paper to a card -I think I must have a touch of OCD! Congratulations on your recent wins. xx

Jacee said...

Fabulously pretty Jenny, love the papers and the colour combo, your decoupaged flowers and butterflies look lovely, and as ever, fabulous inside too!
I had trouble with my internet too, not for the fist time recently either, had neither that nor the landline all day, good job we've got a mobile for emergency's, sometimes it make you wonder what you pay so much for!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Kim said...

gorgeous card inside and out Jenny - and hope you get your internet sorted!
Kim x

Christine Harrop said...

Very pretty papers and embellishments Jenny. I'm hopeless at tearing papers unfortunately, it always ends up a real mess. Congrats on your wins. Hugs Christine xx

Jean said...

Well done for your wins Jenny, enjoy your prizes. Your card today is so pretty, I love the papers you used and like the others have said well done for your torn strips. I like looking in The Works too and they often have useful little crafty bits.
jean x

Rita said...

Good for you Jenny. I really love this fabulous card and your inserts are always so lovely too. Hugs Rita xxx

Kathleen said...

Oh wow,great assortment of papers and a brilliant layout.

They are all the same Jenny , once they have your business they don't really give a dam, all they are interested in is getting your money.

Kath x

pam said...

Wonderful that you had to wins Jenny, lovely card you have created.
Hate it when my internet plays up..
Pam x

mamapez5 said...

There are lots of jagged edges there Jenny, and such pretty papers. I love the little butterflies, and I think Birthday joy is such a nice sentiment and a bit different from the usual. Well done for making such a lovely card, and congrats for your wins. Enjoy using your prizes. Kate x

MaryH said...

Oh WOW! Lucky you to have a luscious SW win! I love those dies! Can't wait to see you use it. Love this snippety card, and how wonderful Clever you made it fit into the current butterfly challenge too. This is just a happy, bright card to celebrate someone special's birthday. Also loved the ribbon treatment on the side border. Nice design touch. As usual, you make the interiors beautiful as well. TFS & have a great week. Hugs & hope the Gremlins stay out of your house!!

Mrs A. said...

Super card Jenny. Love your jagged edges and how you have decorated th insides. I can sympathise with your Internet problems. Mine has been ongoing for the past 6 weeks with no end in sight. They kep trying to tell us no fault found and then do a bit of jiggery pokery their end which works for about 36 hrs if we are lucky and then falls over again. Like you the customer servic is appalling and we are locked into an agreement. Having to resort to using my iPad so that I can at least comment. Thankyou or fluttering by# 30 hugs Mrs A.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love the spring colors. I am glad that you are winning so much on your late challenges. crossing fingers for my die...maybe this week!!!
hugs bibiana

Erika said...

Jenny what a lucky week you've had, I hope you enjoy your new goodies?
Another lovely card, those butterflies are just beautiful.
Great layout.

Hugs Erika. x

*Vicki* said...

Yay for new goodies! :) Such a gorgeous design here and I love the colors!!

karenlotty said...

I won too! (Sue Wilson die that is) this card is pretty I end up tearing when my craft knife should really have a new blade and think - just one more cut - and end up snagging it all! I must have a go at doing deliberate tearing

Carole Z said...

This is so pretty Jenny. I love the cheerful colours, hugs Carole Z X