MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 15 October 2013

FATHER CHRISTMAS CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog all my very talented 
friends and visitors.

May I welcome my newest members to my blog,
and thank you for choosing to follow me. I do 
hope you like what I have to offer and return
often.

Well I had an appointment about my eye probs
today. Will be having an op on my left eye within
the next 18 weeks.
The only downside to this op is I have to sit with
my top of my body bent over a table for 5 fays
after the op with a break of 10 mins every hour.
Then they are still not really sure of the outcome
as they have never seen my 2 fold problem, they 
have dealt with the one but not the 2 before.
So I suppose I am the guinea pig for others that
come along, maybe or am I unique. lol.
I always thought they broke the mould when 
they made me. lol.
Well enough of this waffling just wanted to let
you know that I will be off air so to speak when
it all goes on.

My card is made with one of my old wooden
Christmas stamps.
Sorry about the cutting out it is awful.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

This is a 6"x6" size card.
I used my pigment ink again and stamped the
background card, and then Mica powdered it
with a soft brush.
I used another snippet of red card left over from
previous cards.
I stamped my image and coloured him in with
Promarkers.
I used Glossy Accents on the boots, but it 
doesn't look that good in the photo.

Thank you again for your visit.
I hope you all have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of love. JENNY. 

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/pixies-snippets-playground-week-94.html 

20 comments:

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Jenny, nice happy Santa.
Nothing wrong with your cutting out
Happy crafting

Patricia xxx

Sarah said...

Ooh I do love a proper Father Christmas. The beard and fur look wonderful Jenny as does the background. I must remember to have a go at that! Hoping that all goes well when you eventually have your procedure xx

Christine Harrop said...

Poor you, sounds like you'll be going through a rough period. Lovely old Santa on your card tonight. Love and hugs from Christine xx

Rita said...

Hi Jenny, I hope your eye op helps. Fabulous card. You take care. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

Hi my dear special fairygodmother, your cutting out is fine shush and the card is beautiful. Sounds like your going to have a bit of a rough road when you have your op hun if you need anything and I mean anything you know you where I am love you lots huggles Sue xxxxxxx and big kisses off Ollie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, thanks for the info on the scheduling thingy, yes I had my time zone all wrong, fixed now.

Sorry to hear about your eye problems and it sounds as if you will be having a time of it once the op is done, but if it works it will be worth it. Hang in there.
Love your little card, nothing wrong with the cutting out and it's a lovely santa image, you take care, hugs Kate x

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Jenny and such a cute image. The cutting is perfectly fine - I wish I could do as well.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Fab festive Santa!
My goodness, sounds like a tough time ahead chuck. How on earth are you suppose to sleep? Make sure you schedule lots of cards otherwise we will miss your lovely creations.
Take care.
Ang x

Anonymous said...

Great Santa card Jenny-love the shine on his black boots!
So sorry to hear you have a tough time ahead after your op-the recovery sounds very difficult-will send you some virtual hugs in advance :) xxx
Have a lovely day,nessa xx

Sue said...

Your card is fabulous Jenny. I love the jolly image and wonderful festive colours.
I hope you don't have to wait too long for your op. It sounds like the recovery time afterwards may be quite difficult for you but I am sure it will be worth it in the end
Take care.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Oh, you poor thing, sounds like your post-op care will need a schedule to follow, but it will be so worth it when your sight is restored. 'Guinea pig' or 'one of a kind' you are a lovely lady, and I hope you won't have to wait very long for the op.
Your Santa card is lovely, I love the old-fashioned Santa, and it took me right back (all those years !!) to the times when I used to make a long list for him, those were lovely days. His beautifully 'shined' boots look gorgeous, and the cutting out is fine, don't be so hard on yourself. I love it.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Алексровер Анна said...

Dear Jenny! So bright and great card! I wish you straight and belive, that everything will be ok!

Carole Z said...

Evening Jenny, your card is lovely, a really bright & fun Santa! I do feel for you and your eye problem and I'm sure the surgery will be well worth it, Big hug, Carole X xx

scrappymo! said...

Your card is a cutie. Love that vintage looking Santa.

Your eye op recovery sounds difficult. But i had a thought. i create bent quite far over the desk. Could you squint through your good eye and still create for those bent over the table hours?

kay said...

This is fab. Hope all goes well with the eye op x

Di said...

Great card Jenny - and the cutting out is perfect! I love the little holder you propped the card up in too :)

Hope the op goes well and you make a full recovery.

Hugs, Di xx

Dortesjs said...

Absolutley gorgeous

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, your card is fab. Onwards and upwards for you, you are such a positive person, and we will all be supporting you with our thoughts and prayers. Take care little guinea pig!
Carol.x

Oksana said...

Lovely Santa card! Lovely and festive!xx

Debs Willis said...

Great Santa card. Hope everything goes well with your op