MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 20 July 2019

EGYPTIAN BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend, and the weather is being kind to you.
We had much needed rain last night as my water butt was empty.

Today I have a card I made for my Daughter's Birthday at the beginning of July.
As I haven't made her an Egyptian design for a few years this is what I made.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The paper is from a Tattered Lace USB that came with the Tattered Lace Dies I used.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
I really appreciate every visit, and wonderful comment.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

16 comments:

Aquarius said...

A super Egyptian themed card - I've not seen any of those about for some years although I do remember when they were all the rage. I find everything comes around again in time which is my excuse for not throwing anything out!!!

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, I've never seen an Egyptian card but this one is terrific. This is one place I would love to visit. I've always been fascinated with the pyramids and the sphinx. Your card looks so authentic and I love it.

meg said...

brilliant make Jenny, love the lustre on the image,

Wendy L said...

What an amazing card Jenny, xxx

Sarah said...

What an impressive card Jenny, that's the beauty of handcrafted cards, we can make just about anything to suit all tastes. Your daughter is going to love this. I am glad I am not the only one with a bird phobia. Grandma had budgies that used to fly free in her living room with a perch attached to the mirror. I hated it when they flew around my head!!! It has stuck with me always and when we had hens they used to roost high up in an old stone barn, if they were still up there in the morning I used to make the boys, 6 and 2, go in and collect the eggs!! Mean Mummy!! I am not quite so bad now but give seagulls and pigeons a wide berth if they are on the ground!! Hope you are doing ok xx

Jo said...

Wow, super card you've made Jenny....your daughter's sure to love it! Raining here today, so lovely to sit in a nice cool craft room! hope you're ok. xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This Egyptian card is amazing, I bet your Daughter was thrilled with it.
We had torrential rain here yesterday, I got drenched walking back from our shops to home and then again in the afternoon when we went to pick up my new bike and get a bike rack fitted onto the car, the rain was coming down like 'stair-rods' and also overnight we had rain too, thankfully this afternoon we were able to have a bike ride when the weather was better.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a gorgeous card you have made for your daughter. I love the theme. She will be thrilled to receive this. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

A striking and unusual card Jenny, beautifully designed as always, the images are fabulous. I've always been fascinated by the Ancient Egyptians, what an amazing culture!It's a wonderful card for your daughter.
hugs
xx

pam said...

Gorgeous card design Jenny.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

A really super card Jenny, apart from Anthony and Cleopatra I think you have incorporated nearly every thing that is relevant to Egypt. Not only a great front but a super inside too.

Kath x

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the Egyptian design!! It's gorgeous outside and in!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful verse. WakeyL

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

This is a super card Jenny for your daughter and such a loving verse too

June x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, what a wonderful card, I love the images and your design, I'm sure your Daughter will love it, and as always the inside is amazing, hope you are doing well, Kate x

Brenda said...

Wow, this is one cool card Jenny! I love the Egyptian design elements. The pyramids are so cool looking on the outside and inside. I can imagine your daughter was over the moon over this card or should I say over the pyramid?! Hugs, Brenda