MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 19 February 2024

SNIPPETS BOOKMARK

 

Hi and welcome to all my very talented and craft loving friends.

I am here with my entry into the Snippets Playground challenge which started yesterday.

I was asked to make a 70th Birthday card and box for my daughter in law's Aunt which I shall show at a later date.

So out of the paper left over I decided to make a book mark for her too.

 



Snippets used after cutting off the bookmark part.
 


The white card on the left is snippets left over from makeing the box for the card.

I cut out the bookmark and glued it to the box card then I added some glitter film which has a sticky back to it to the front.

 My friend gave me a sheet of the glitter film I used.

Rounded the corners and sanded the edges to make it smooth.

The cord and tassle were from an old Birthday card which I saved years ago.

Just added a bead and charm to it.

 

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.

I really apprciate every visit and wonderful comment made.

Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND CHALLENGE 474 



 


8 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful bookmark with wonderful finishing touches

Sarn said...

A really lovely bookmark for your friend.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. Bit warmer today but there's still hot chocolate available up in the treehouse x

Aquarius said...

This pretty bookmark makes a lovely additional gift, great for using up snippets

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is a very pretty bookmark, the recipient will love it, the image is beautiful and the glitter film adds a sparkle and the charm etc adds a beautiful tassel, I look forward to seeing your card and box that 'goes with'.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Liz said...

Wonderful bookmark, Jenny. Adding the glitter film makes it so special and I’m sure the recipient will love it. I think I have some similar glitter film which I’ve never used. Thanks for the inspiration.
Liz xx

LesleyG said...

What a pretty gift, I love the tassel, the bits we save always come in handy at some point! Love the 60th card/s in a box too. Have a good day xxx

Di said...

What a delightful bookmark Jenny! Very pretty indeed - love the glitter film you used, an extra special little touch!

Hugs
Di xx

Chris said...

Such a pretty, sparkly bookmark Jenny, it will be a pleasure to use.
xxx