MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 9 September 2013

ANNIVERSARY CARD

Hi and welcome dear blog friends and visitors.
Well it's a start to another new week.
I do hope you all enjoyed your weekend.
On Sunday I was busy in the garden getting
all scraggly summer bedding thrown into the 
compost bin, and planting bulbs and winter 
pansies
So now I have one awful back ache, it's all 
those muscles you don't use, until you do the
gardening.lol.

Thank you for your wonderful comments on
my last card.
I really am sooooooo grateful you take the
time to visit me.

My card is one that took me a while as I 
couldn't quite get the look I wanted.
So I put it on a back burner so to speak, and
then late Sunday afternoon it all came together.
I hope you like it as much as I do.
My Son and his wife celebrate their anniversary
today and have spent the weekend in Paris.
So this is what I came up with.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.


Now the inside.



This is an 8x8 size card.
I made the paper by distressing it with Antique 
Linen Distress Ink, then I stamped the patterns
all over the paper with Creative Expressions
Stamp called Ivy. In this stamp set you get 
Ivy and the a lovely scrolled corner stamp,
which I used for this. I also used the Creative
Expressions Carte Postale stamp of the Eifeel
Tower.
The image is a Mo Manning one coloured in
with Promarkers.
I added some black lace, which I cut up and
used in the corners.
Some Organza Roses and some pearls from my stash .
I used some lacy material behind the image, and
for the bow. This was given to me by my 
wonderful blog friend Sue P, and I got the idea
for the bow on Sue Js blog.

Thank you again for your visit.
I'm off the the hospital with DH today, and then
it's singing parctice this afternoon.
So I will visit you all in the evening.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Fantastic card Jenny. Your cards always take so much time to look at because I don't want to miss anything! I very nearly missed the little pearl hearts this time!! I'm sure they loved the card xx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Jenny. The image is delightful and coloured beautifully. I love the swirls stamp on the background. The lace, flowers and pearls all look gorgeous too.
hugs Sue xx

MRS DUCK said...

Good morning Jenny
Wonderful card and Im sure that your son and daughter in law love it.
Hope nothing serious with the hospital appt.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I have the same problem when gardening, I have had a constant backache all the summer, as I have spent nearly every minute in the garden, I love it, but my back doesn't ha ha.
Your Anniversary card is gorgeous, loving the image and the gorgeous lace and the beautiful stamping, gorgeous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Алексровер Анна said...

A wonderful sweet card full of warm feelings!!!!

Planetsusie said...

Hi there matey! This is so sweet I bet they really loved it. I love how you have made the backing paper - I thought it was a designer paper - honestly!!! It looks really elegant. The spider web lacey stuff looks great on your creation as well!!!

Big hugs to you and I hope your back feels better soon. Those darn muscles!!!

Love Sue Pxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, what a wonderful card, lovely image and so perfect for an anniversary, I love all your little elements that's been added. I'm sure it will be loved. Have a lovely day, hugs Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, I love your stamped background and the stamped images of the Eiffel Tower etc. They must have loved it. We are having rain today so I hope it came here via Kent!!! Love from Christine xx

Rita said...

Hi Jenny. What a beautiful card. I love the background too. Hope you recover from your backache quite quickly too. Hugs Rita xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, beautiful card, lots of things to spot when you look carefully. Your backache will be worth it when your pansies are smiling at you, and all your spring bulbs are in flower! I am hoping to get started on my pansies tomorrow but my bulbs haven't arrived yet. Take care.
Carol.x

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, this is a lovely card with the cute Mo Manning image and a very Parisian feel - gorgeous! Carole Z X

Hazel said...


Jenny I hope DH appointment went ok. Another lovely card, how nice for them to spend time in Paris.

Hazel xx

Oksana said...

Hi Jenny, beautiful card for a lovely occasion! I'm sure they loved it!xx

Marie-Louise said...

Such a lovely card Jenny and the image is perfect. Love the stamps you have used.

Anne-Elise said...

What a beautiful card, Jenny! The image is so pretty! Love the background, the flowers and all the great die cuts! Hugs

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
Een lief kaart mooie details mooi de stempels die je gebruikt heb
Groetjes Gerrie