MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 24 July 2014

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog everyone that visits me.
Thank you for all your wonderful comments and
your time.

Started back with my little singing group this week, and yesterday we were singing to an over
sixties group, and boy was it hot weather, I was
melting when I got home and good for nothing.

Here is my entry into the butterfly challenge for
this fortnight.
Mrs A that runs the challenge wanted to see 
spots and stripes as well as your butterfly.
So hear is my entry.




This is a 6"x6" size card.
The papers are Dovecraft Back to Basics.
I stamped some small leaves around the 
sentiment with Distress Ink.
Sorry about the state of the cosmic shimmer glue
dots, mine are getting a bit old, just like me.
Nearly forgot to say I have used some snippets in
this, so I will join the playground again this week.

Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges.
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 
No: 11 Spots and Stripes.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/pixies-snippets-playground-week-134.html 

11 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I like the pattern shape you have created using the two backing papers. Those butterflies are really cute are they butterbugs!! Loving the bright colours of this card. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge . Hugs Mrs .

Sarah said...

This is wonderful Jenny, love the symmetry of it and the gorgeous leaves you have stamped around the sentiment. Glad to hear that you are getting out and about again, although as you rightly said "good for nothing" just about sums it up as it is a bit too hot to do very much. Surprise and I are trying to get out before 6am and even then we are "glowing" by the time we get back!! xx

vic said...

This is lovely jenny love the stripes and colour combo :) enjoy your singing :)

Vic x

Patricia said...

Another great card Jenny, love the paper and those sweet butterflies
Glad to here you are joining in things once again.
Me I love the heat although I don't sit in it. House nice and cool with the blinds all pulled to keep the hot sun out.
Happy crafting

Patricia x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, your card fits the bill, it is lovely, and the butterflies are wonderful, fab colours too, hugs Kate x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
wat een prachtige kaart mooi met de vlinders en mooie kleuren papier gebruikt
Gerrie

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, So glad you are 'getting back into the swing' and enjoying your singing group.
Your butterfly card is really lovely, the butterflies are so cute. I have a problem with my glue dots too, some turn out OK and others tend to 'spread', I have had my glue for some time, so maybe mine are getting old too haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

Hi my lovely fairy godmother! so glad your back with your singing group:) the butterfly card is so lovely and the colours are gorgeous..lots of huggles from us all here Sue xxxxxxxxx

Carole Z said...

HI Jenny, I love the design you've created on the front of this card, gorgeous colours ..love it and so glad you are back singing! Hugs Carole Z X

Di said...

What a beautiful card Jenny - great colours and layout and the butterflies are gorgeous. It's so good to know you're getting out and about - go Jenny!

Hugs, Di xx

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Jenny.