MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 28 January 2017

GRANDSON'S 18TH BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome from a very sunny part of Kent.
I do hope the sun is shinning in your part of the world where ever you may reside.

Was in a quandary as what design to create for my Grandson who turns 18 on Tuesday, and then thought of this idea.
I can safely show it as I know he doesn't know about my blog.



This is a A5 size card.
Kept it rather flat for posting.
The lovely card I used was a freebie gift from the C&C Club.
It's Kanban card and was A5 in size.

I am entering this into the Allsorts Challenge who are celebrating their 400th Challenge so a big congratulations to them on such a milestone.

Almost forgot that I cut out the Grandson letters out of snippets of black and kraft card so I can join my playmates in the snippets playground yay.

Thank you so much to all my very talented friends who regularly make such great comments on my work.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 





I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

17 comments:

Barb said...

I think this is a fabulous card Jenny. It really is very celebratory and perfect for a young man. Congratulations to Jason on his very special day. Barbxx

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card Jenny, fab design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts too, xxxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Super kaart Jenny de kleinzoon zou er wel blij mee zijn
gefeliciteerd met je kleinzoon
Groetjes Gerrie

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Males can be pesky to make for, especially teenage ones but this is just perfect.
Hope Jason has a day as special as his card.
Ang x

Kathleen said...

Fantastic make for your Grandson, love the black, white and gold and a great design.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Jenny, love those large numbers, brilliant design, Kate x

Sarah said...

Males, particularly later teens, are really difficult to make for but you, my friend have nailed it!! This is perfect!! Love how the card Base and the gold complimentary die cuts work so well with the wording running across xx

pam said...

Fantastic card design for your Grandsons 18th Jenny, hate doing men cards!.
Pam x

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card at Allsorts 'let's celebrate' challenge, good luck in the draw. ♥
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

brenda said...

A beautifully crafted creation and perfect for our Celebrate theme at Allsorts Jenny, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Your Grandson will love this card, and the papers are lovely.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Pamellia said...

Brilliant card Jenny! I love that background paper, the silver metallic text makes a wonderful backdrop for you big gold embossed 18. The gold and silver really work well together, so perfect for a masculine creation!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jenny, I love this card. I'm in a quandary too - it's my youngest grandson's 18th in a couple of weeks and I really didn't have a clue about the card I'd make. Your card has given me some inspiration - phew! The papers you've used are fab and the greeting inside is perfect. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth xx

meg said...

love the bold metallic colours and the numbers as the focal point great 18th card

Di said...

Great card Jenny - perfect for a male 18th Birthday! Love the metallics as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

FANTASTIC! xxx

Mummylade said...

thank you so much for entering in our celebration challenge at Allsorts this week!