MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 17 February 2019

BIRTHDAY CARD WITH COOKING ELEMENTS.


Hi, and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

I do hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
The sun is shinning beautifully in my part of Kent, so I do hope it's the same where ever you may live.

A new challenge started over at the Allsorts challenge yesterday, and the theme is cooking, and baking so I made this card so I could enter.
No idea who it will be for though.
I expect it will go into box of cards for later when it's needed.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The paper is a Dovecraft one from a 8"x8" pad.
The apron is from a template which was a lot larger, and I just re sized it.
Then I cut it out of some gingham paper by hand. 
On the front cover of the pad of paper it had cooking items which I fussy cut out to go on the apron.
The flowers were stamped and cut out of Snippets of card, and also the leaves were die cut too from Snippets.
So I will be going over to the Snippets Playground with this.

A little tip that some of you may not know about.
When I cut out my die cut words I use an old cereal packet for the base layer of the words, as this means instead of cutting out about five to make them stand out you only need to use 2.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
It really is appreciated.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 

23 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful feminine card Jenny, love the apron and floral embellishments.

Christine Harrop said...

Lovely card Jenny and such pretty colours. Hugs Christine xx

Ellibelle said...

What a cute cooking inspired card, love the gingham and so beautifully created - inside and out!
Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love it. The papers you have used are gorgeous. I am sure you will find someone to send this wonderful card to. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card Jenny, love the baking images and the lovely colours, Kate, xx

Lynne said...

I love your apron Jenny and your card is so pretty. I never thought to use an old cereal packet for die cutting so thank you for the tip x

meg said...

Hi Jenny, did see that I was lucky enough to win, thanks for letting me know, have mailed re prize, thanks again Meg xx

Chris said...

Pretty feminine card Lisa...love the gingham apron!
Beautiful sunny day here too!!
Chris
xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is such a gorgeous card Jenny, I love those papers and the gingham apron.
Lorraine

pam said...

Prety card Jenny, love the apron and wonderful decorations.
Pam x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the gingham apron and the pretty cupcake papers!! It's so fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Furrbster said...

What a fun card!

Hugz Tinz

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A really pretty card, I love the beautiful bright colours.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Lovely card, great layout and embellishes xx

Kathleen said...

Great take on our theme this week Jenny. A really lovely creation, love the apron and the gorgeous background papers and as always the inside is great too.
Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Di said...

Fabulous card Jenny - love all the pink gingham and your attention to detail is just so perfect. Wonderful use of snippets as well- I really love this card!

Hugs

Di
xx

Liz said...

Super card, Jenny. I love all the detail and the sentiment looks great using gingham. Thanks for the tip about using a cereal packet for an extra layer. xx

KandA said...

Fabulous card Jenny, love the gingham and cake papers and what a great idea to use the cereal packets xx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card with apron and flowers.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts' Kitchen week;-))m

Michelle said...

This is beautiful, sweet and girly Jenny - we've had some nice weather here in Buxton, but we had rain today - Michelle x

Mummylade said...

What a brilliant idea! Thank you for entering our kitchen challenge at Allsorts this week.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the inside too!

Sindhu said...

Beautiful card...Congrats for the top pick in Pixie"s crafty workshop.Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog..