MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 14 February 2019

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES DT.........A LITTLE SHABBY CHIC


Hi, and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

It's time for another challenge over at
It's the B Teams turn,  and the lovely June chose this theme, but unfortunately she is not well so Wendy our Team Leader is your host. 
So here is hoping June is fit, and A1 again soon sending lots of love and hugs to try , and help.
The challenge runs from today till Wednesday 26th of February, and closes at 6PM GMT.

So here is what I made a few weeks ago ready for this challenge.



This is a 5"x7" tent style card I made by gluing the back.
I distressed the edges of my paper I used, which was from a 12x12 pad from B&M.
I used cardboard and glue to give depth between the layers instead of foam tape as this saves on tape.
I use Cosmic shimmer PVA Glue for this as it holds perfectly.
Then I added lots of different layers of doilies, crochet ones and paper ones.
Some lace, ribbon, and organza flower lace to the centre.
Finally adding a lovely lace butterfly, and flicking white watered down white gesso all over.
I really love making this type of card.
Please pop over to the challenge blog to see the lovely creations my Team friends have created.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.
 

17 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love all the detail you have added to this gorgeous design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lynne said...

A gorgeous card Jenny, so pretty x

meg said...

Stunning card Jenny, love the image papers and embellishments, fantastic colours and lay out

KandA said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, super design and I love all the wonderful details xx

Chris said...

Wow! Amazing card Jenny, so many beautiful layers and details, gorgeous lace, ribbon and flowers it looks so feminine and pretty!
xx

Lisa said...

Wow, Jenny, this is so stunning!! I love the beautiful lace and layers!! The details are gorgeous!! Love the butterfly, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jenny, beautifully designed and embellished, Kate x

Wendy L said...

Love everything about your card, stunning, thank you Jenny, xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow What a gorgeous card, I love all the details and layers in the design, just fabulous!
Lorraine

pam said...

Wow Jenny, your card is gorgeous, love the beautiful details.
Pam x

Sarah said...

This is a beautiful shabby chic card Jenny, lace,doilies ribbons and pearls a perfect combination. I am going to try and play along with this challenge, it will make a nice change because crafting style has become a little stale so it's the inspiration I need xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This card is so pretty !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

Good grief Jenny, what a fabulous, gorgeous creation, I am not a fan of shabby chic but I just love this card.

Kath x

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my goodness, Miss Jenny! This is incredible! I would love to make a boy like yours - is there a special trick to it? Your layers and frilly fabric details are feminine and sweet, and the papers are beyond gorgeous, of course. Sigh. So beautiful! Is the inside similar to a pocket creation? It's lovely. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog this morning, and leaving a beautiful comment! big hugs, de

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
deze kaart is ook weer super mooi prachtig hoe je het bewerkt heb.
Groetjes Gerrie

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is stunning Jenny! I love the colors combo, the luscious laces and ribbons. That butterfly is just so beautiful as are those pink flowers, the images, the papers just so beautiful! You know how to do amazing 3D cards Jenny and this one is no different. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Christine Harrop said...

Gorgeous card Jenny. All the embellishments you have added are beautiful. Good tip about the cardboard instead of foam tape, especially if you are running short. Love and hugs Christine xx