MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 28 September 2021

HARRY POTTERS WIZARD HAT

 

Hi and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Two of my Great Granddaughter's loves Harry Potter so after seeing a design on Pintrest made by a Sizzex designer sorry I can't remember his name, I decided to have a go myself.

The only thing is I couldn't find it again when I looked so this is my interpretation of his hat and of course my design card.

As I said there are 2 different ones made for each child.

These are both 8"x8" in size.

As I could not find the tutorial for the hats I had to have a go from a photo of his hat.

I wet some kraft card stock with water and glycerin and attempted to mould the face on the hat.

Made them at seperate times hence the difference.

Card stock used was Tonic.

I made the paper up from a photo and my 3D decoupage CD from ages ago.

I can say they were both delighted with them.

 

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.

I really appreciate every visit and wonderful comment you make.

Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.



 

 

 

11 comments:

Chris said...

Oh wow! I love these Jenny! My granddaughters are huge HP fans too (and I am!) absolutely love your Sorting Hats! They are brilliant.
xxx

meg said...

Two brilliant cards and examples of the sorting hat,their facial expressions are fabulous

Anonymous said...

Brilliant cards! just made a HP style card myself for one of our great nephews; composed on an electronic cutting machine but it didn't have a great sorting hat but it was well received.

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny both of your cards are amazing. They are perfect for Harry Potter fans. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Jenny, how special these cards are for your great granddaughter's. I love how you made those hats and they came out great! I can see why the girls loved them so much.

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, It is no wonder that Laila and Ellie loved these two birthday cards, you made a fabulous job with your hat Jenny.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

Oh WOW my lovely fairy godmother two fabulous cards and stunning sorting hats..My son loves Harry Potter and he's 42!!! lots of sloppies and huggles xxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxx

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, two fabulous and magical birthday cards for Laila and Ellie, have a wonderful week... Megan

Lia said...

The Harry Potter hat is hilarious. So well done!! One of my grandsons a a fan too, so I have to keep this in mind.
Lia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant cards Jenny, the hat is fabulous and a super design, I'm sure your little ones will love them, Kate x

Sarah said...

They are incredible Jenny and it's lovely that the faces are so different. Connor, our youngest, (only 27!!) would love this as he is a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I must spend an hour or two on Pinterest looking for the technique!! xx