MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 4 January 2015

LARGE SNOWFLAKE CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving
friends, and visitors.
Well we are moving into January quite nicely now.

Thank you for all your good wishes and comments.
I very much appreciate every one.

Sorry I have another Christmas card to show you,
as I have made a few while not blogging.
I live in a bungalow in a sheltered housing complex, and there is a block of flats on this 
complex which houses about 36 retired residents.
So this is the card I made for everyone that lives there.




This is a 8"x8" size card.
The papers are Hobbycraft again, and I cut out
the large snowflake with my scanNcut.
I must admit the scanNcut does make short work
of lots of projects, and this card was made very
quickly in less than an hour.
I used some snippets of red card for the background of the Merry Christmas and the 
inside stars, so I'm off to join in the antics of the
playground after a absence to a few weeks.
As this paper was a never before used one, I am 
joining Darnell in her Nimbus Challenge too.

Thank you for your visit and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/pixies-snippets-playground-week-158.html 
http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/01/happy-new-year-2015-nbus-challenge-3.html 

24 comments:

Rita said...

Good Morning Jenny. What a stunning card. Every one who received your cards must have been delighted too. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

vic said...

Aww this is so beautiful Jenny I'm
Sure all the residents loved this! Love the super sized snowflake it's fab!
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and new year
Hugs
Vic x

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, don't apologise for more Christmas cards, love seeing them! I am in no doubt the residents were thrilled with this gorgeous card, love the snowflake! Hugs Carole Z X

Irene said...

Hello Jenny

Happy New year to You.

A beautiful Christmas card, I am sure the retired residents were thrilled to receive your cards.
The super sized snowflake is brilliant as is the verse.

luv
irene
xxxx

aussie aNNie said...

Love this card it's gorgeous and lovely big snowflake used.could do with it dropping down on me at the moment it's so hot here.xx.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! That is one big snowflake! So pretty too, all blinged up like that! Hazel x

Mojca said...

Waw really pretty! love how you decorated the inside as well. Hugs! Mojca

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Jenny,
A fantastic card which I am sure delighted all.
Love that brilliant Snowflake
Hugs

Patricia x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, No doubt everyone would have loved this card, it is beautiful.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Hazel said...

Jenny a beautiful that I am everyone loved, Hazel xx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Jenny, wonderful card, great combo of colours and design, hugs Kate x

Sarah said...

What a fabulous card Jenny, love the traditional colours and the snowflake is brilliant. xx

Hettie said...

Happy New Year to you.
This is gorgeous Jenny. Glad to hear you and your Brother are getting on just fine! You are certainly making some lovely cards using it. I peeked at the one below too.
Hugs
xx

pam said...

Fabulous card design Jenny, beautiful traditional colours and love your snowflake..
Pam

MaryH said...

Jenny, I never get tired of seeing beautiful Christmas cards. And this is definitely one! How industrious (not to mention generous & kind) of you to make so many of these to send some pleasure to your neighbors. I don't know some of the terminology you mentioned about 'sheltered housing', but I'll guess that is similar to what I'd call a retirement community, like we have in the USA. Your card is so pretty with that dimensional & bejeweled snowflake. I'm always awed by the fact that the inside is just as pretty as the outer part of the card. I expect your recipients will display these so proudly. Good for you. TFS & Hugs. Hope both of you are feeling all better now.

Kathleen said...

Good grief Jenny how many gems must you have in your stash! Great card.

Kath x

Darnell said...

Jenny, this card was a GIFT to each of the residents! You are such a kind and generous lady! It must have taken you ages to create each one, using up lots of snippets, too!! I hope you are doing well! Happy New Year! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

Erika said...

Hi Jenny, love this card.
Great colour combo and super big snowflake, I'm sure the residents thought it was fab.

Hugs Erika. x

Di said...

Wonderful card Jenny and so good to see you in the Playground again! Such a lovely idea to make this for the residents.

Hugs

Di xx

Pamellia said...

Red and green is my absolute favourite combo for Christmas cards! Love your big snowflakes and all the little gems! Gorgeous paper too! hugs :)

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Hey, I'm still showing the Christmas cards too chuck so don't you worry about that!
Fabulous as usual although the tight wad in me did wince at the amount of red going. . . . . . Such extravagance lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great card, good luck on Darnell's challenge and I got your e-mail card! with the bears, so cute thank you ... I hope you received mine?
hugs bibiana

Kath said...

A great card - I'm sure all the residents loved their cards.
Kath x

Oksana said...

Happy New Year Jenny and a lovely card. I'm sure the residents loved it!xx