MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 20 April 2018

THINKING OF YOU AND SYMPATHY CARD


Hi, and big warm welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Also a big warm welcome to anyone who just pops by to look at my work.

Now those of you who have known me for a while might remember I used to sing in a group that entertained people in nursing homes.
Sadly that all fell through when our keyboard player passed away 2 years ago.
Well last week I went to a funeral of another of our lovely singers.
The instructions from the family were to wear something sparkly  not dark as she loved her bling and was such an outgoing person, and could sing beautifully.
So this is the card I made for the family with that in mind.



This is a 6"x6" size card.
The papers are Hunkydory, and the bling butterfly image was from a freebie pad you got with the stones to make it.
Think I made a Boo, Boo, with the trail from the butterfly. 
I think it should have larger stones to smaller ones.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
It is always so much appreciated.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolute gorgeous, Jenny!! What a beautiful card to celebrate her life!! The rhinestone butterfly is stunning!! I love the pretty papers and design!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card Jenny and perfect for such a lady. I bet her family appreciated it very much indeed xx

Liz said...

Absolutely stunning, Jenny and a lovely design to send to your friend's family at this sad time. I think the rhinestone trail is perfect, it look like the butterfly is flying high up into the sky. xx

Christine Harrop said...

I love the fact that you have used pansies on your super card Jenny - the flower of remembrance. It will be well loved by the family OI'm sure. Hugs Chrisitne xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, what a perfectly beautiful card for a sad occasion, I love the bling butterfly and the pansies are so beautiful, Kate x

pam said...

Beautiful card you created for a sad occasion Jenny, love the butterfly and lovely colour.
Hugs Pam x

Jo said...

Beautiful card Jenny, just beautiful. the butterfly is gorgeous & the inside .....wow, gorgeous papers & colours x

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love the papers and the super image, great glittery butterfly too. What a brilliant sympathy card.

Kath x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, those papers are beautiful. I'm sure your friends family really appreciated that you designed the card with her as your inspiration
Big hugs, Kaz xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is such a beautiful card to remember your Friend, the relatives will love this.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a gorgeous card and a very fitting tribute for your friend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

This is a beautiful card Jenny and the lady's family will so appreciate it

Don't think you made a 'boo boo' at all with the trail, you'd always see the biggest first then the smallest fading into the distance.... so well done you!

Happy crafting

June x

Patricia said...

Hello Jenny, a beautiful card for a sad occasion, I am sure the family really appreciate it.
Have a good weekend.
Patricia xx

meg said...

A beautiful card to celebrate your friends life and bring comfort to her family

Lynne said...

A beautiful card Jenny and I'm sure the family will love it as represents how your friend was in life. Have a lovely weekend, hope it's sunny where you are x

Brenda in IN said...

You are sending her off with beautiful bling and I'm sure she is looking down and smiling. I love the paper and that butterfly is awesome. I don't think that is a boo boo, The butterfly is building up speed so the trail gets bigger. Sending hugs for the loss of your friend.

Mrs A. said...

Your bling card is so beautiful and the meaning of it will not be lost on the family. Right in the middle of a thunderstorm with torrential rain and lightning. Hugs Mrs A.

Mia said...

Adorable card inside and outside, Jenny. I love the sparking butterfly. Kisses, my friend.