MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 1 July 2024

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES...CHALLENGE 168........CAS...CLEAN AND SIMPLE

 

Hi and welcome to all my very talented and craaft loving friends.

It's the 1st of the month again and time for a new challenge over at

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES 

This months challenge is hosted by the lovely Helen and she has chosen CAS  creations for the theme this month.

The challenge runs from today till 30th of July.

Now as you all may know CAS isn't easy for me as I tend to like a busy card design, but here is what I created for the challenge.

 


This is a 6"x6" size card.

I also went with CAS inside too.

The 3D embossing folder used I got from Temu as I love Fuchsias.

The sentiment is from the Hunkydory Book of Typed Sentiments.

The stamped sentiment inside was a freebie when I bought something from Craft Stash. 

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.

I really appreciate every vist and wonderful comments made especailly as I am a very bad blogger at the moment.

Summer time I find very busy with trying to garden as well as everything else.

I have tried to find a gardener in my area, but there are not any.

My family help a little but they have so much to do themselves that I don't like to trouble them.

Another problem I have is my kitchen is in the front of my bungalow and my garden is in the back so I can't use a hose if needed so I have to lug water in and out as my water butt needs renewing.

Lots of crafty love. JENNY.


 

5 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great CAS card - very effective with lovely embossed detail. I'm having similar struggles with my garden and weeds seem to have exploded into extra growth this year.

meg said...

Love the white on white with your black and white sentiment Jenny,so sorry to read you're struggling with the garden

Liz said...

Your White on White card is beautiful Jenny, perfect for a Thinking of You card.
Sorry to hear that your garden is difficult to maintain. Hope you can get your water butt replaced soon.
Liz xx

Chris said...

Simply beautiful Jenny, lovely white on white card with fabulous embossing.
It's a privilege to have a garden BUT they are hard work, especially when it's hot and everything needs watering all the time. Take care and don't overdo it.
xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A lovely CAS card, beautiful embossing and ideal for a 'Thinking of You' card.
Like you, I don't do CAS cards, the opposite is my mantra, 'more is more' haha.
I know what you mean about the garden it does become a bind when everything is growing so swiftly. We thought we were helping me with the garden when we decided to block pave the back and the front gardens, in the back we have lots of pots with plants and the front we have a big border down one side, the only thing is that the person in the adjacent back garden has a row of trees all along my back fence, so we get the blossom, then we get the seed pods constantly, then in the autumn we get all their leaves, so instead of mowing grass now we have to blow and sweep endlessly. It is driving me crazy, we have caused ten times more work for me and to top it all it cost us an absolute fortune. I wish we lived near the sea and with no trees in sight hahahahaha. I know what you mean about not burdening your family. There is a lot to be said for the Winter hahaha.
Take care Jenny.
Lots of love from Patricia xx