MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 18 June 2015

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE AND SNIPPETS CARD

Hi and welcome to my all my very talented friends, and visitors.
Sorry I have not been around this last week, but
when I was in Wales visiting my sister who was
in hospital, my brother in laws car got a nail in
the side wall of his tyre, and as new cars now don't have a spare tyre we were transported back home
on a breakdown lorry, and all the jolting, and the
journey home has given me back problems again.
It's still not quite right but a lot better than it has been.
I must say the driver of the breakdown lorry was
a maniac driver, and I think he thought he was on 
a motor bike the way he took bends, and corners
swaying from side to side.

Well I did manage to make a card yesterday
for the Butterfly Challenge, and the Snippets
Playground, as I did use up some snippets on it.



This is a 6"x6" size card.
The papers are from a pad I bought at the 
supermarket.
I cut out some of the butterflies, and decoupaged
them, and also put some glitter on them.
The yellow and lime green card are from my
snippets box.
 The flowers are cut out from a Sue Wilson die,
and I added a orange promarker to the edge of 
the flowers.

Thank you for your visit, it is as always very
much appreciated.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.  

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges.
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/33-butterflies-f-is-for-flowers.html 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/pixies-snippets-playground-weeks-181.html 

20 comments:

Sarah said...

What a bobby dazzler Jenny, love the citrus summer colours and your wonderful layout. Sorry to hear you have been suffering and hope you will soon be feeling less uncomfortable xx

aussie aNNie said...

Whamo what a gorgeous colloured card...love it.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Di said...

Oh wow, this really is a citrus beauty Jenny! Bright, cheerful and very pretty details.

I hope your back feels better soon - sounds like a bad journey!

Hugs

Di xx

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is stunning Jenny! Those colours are just jumping off the page!! Love the glittery butterflies and your flower arrangement is so wonderful! hugs :)

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful citrus colours here! This is a pretty card..love the decoupoaged butterflies. That was a brilliant idea!

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I hope everything Ok with your Sister, and the car, what bad luck. I can imagine you in the breakdown truck, I'll bet he wanted to be a 'racing driver' when he grew up haha, but they should have consideration for their passengers. So glad you are home 'in one piece'.
Loving your summery card, beautiful citrus colours, really lovely.
Take care.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card - love the 3-D butterflies! Sounds like you've had quite an adventure - hope things are settling down!

karenlotty said...

What a journey for you! Lovely bright summery card I love how you've decoupaged some of the butterflies It adds lovely interest

Mojca said...

Such gorgeous colours Jenny!!! Hugs! Mojca

Patricia said...

Well Jenny no one can possibly say your card is "dull" ... love the bright colours.
Sorry to hear about your return journey. Hope the back gets back to normal quick smart.
Hugs
Patricia x

My Paper Cat said...

A lovely summery card, reminds me of a long tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Nothing better on a hot day. Thank you for playing along at this fortnight's Butterfly challenge. Glenda

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Oh dear, just as I thought your health was on the mend, you poor thing.
Love your vibrant zesty card. It just screams Summer.
Hope you feel better soon.
Ang x

Mrs A. said...

Well that gorgeous paper pad sure beats boring old bread and milk. I must visit the supermarket more often! Lol. love the citrus colours and that flower die so mimics the flower shape on the paper perfectly. Loving those lemon butterflies and you have finished the insides off to your usual standard. orry to hear about your bad back. wouldn't he let you ride gunshot with him then! Sounds like a nightmare journey home. Thankyou for fluttering by #33. hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Bummer on the bumpy ride, tire nail, and your hurting back. You turned out a really festive, bright & cheery card. Love the happy feel of this brilliant background, with that super bright floral bouquet. It just sings "happy cheer" to me...and ditto with the flight of butterflies. Liked the way you added the dimensional posies to the ones in the dp too. Take care, and hope the back will ease up fast. Happy wkend. TFS & Hugs

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, what a bright vivid card, and the images are lovely.
Sorry to hear about you journey back and I do hope your back eases soon, take care, hugs Kate x

Jacee said...

This is a gorgeous card Jenny, lovely design but the colours are so bright and cheery, makes you want to smile, really cheered me up has this!

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your back, I know how you feel as I suffer with mine at times, makes you feel bad all over somehow, that journey sounds terrible in that truck, do you think you should complain to his employers, surely he should be driving with care when carrying passengers, sounds as if he's a right plonker!
you take care of yourself my friend, am sending extra hugs!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, wonderful bright positive vitamin card!!!! The summer essence! Take care!

pam said...

Beautiful bright card Jenny, pretty papers and butterflies.
Hope your back is on the mend after your manic journey.
Hugs Pam x

Sue said...

Sorry to hear about your horrid journey! my lovely fairy godmother I know how things like that affect your back he should be reported! your card is fabulous love the papers gorgeous bright colours love it..have a great weekend huggles Sue xxx

Erika said...

Jenny wow what a super bright and cheerful card, love the added glitter too.
I hope your back is now on the mend.

Hugs Erika. x