MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 31 March 2016

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES DT CARD..........................COME DANCING

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

So today is the start of another challenge over at 
MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES.
It's the B Teams turn, and Hazel L is our lovely host this time around, and she has chosen the theme Come Dancing.
So we would like to see your creations with Dancing on them.
Take a look at the lovely examples from my fellow team mates, and please try and join us.
Here is my effort.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
Now those of you that know me well know this is my fave size of card. 
The image is a Hunkydory one from the Little Book of Decoupage.
I embossed some white card with a mask I bought at the NEC 3 years ago, but there was no name on it.
I then inked it with Victorian Velvet DI.
I used some stickles on her dress, shoes, scarf, and hair as I thought that was what they usually have on their lovely dance dresses.
I made the roses, and the leaves.

I have scheduled this post as I will be looking after my 2 Grand Children, and we will be baking again.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
I do hope you are all having a lovely week so far.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

23 comments:

Michelle said...

A stunning card Jenny and the roses and leaves are stunning as is the image - Michelle x

Barb said...

Your card is a beauty as always Jenny. That's a lovely image and your flowers are beautiful. Enjoy your time with the grand children. Barbxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterde kaart Jenny.Prachtig plaatje met de ballroom dansers.
Groetjes Gerrie

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Jenny… such a fab image and I love the sparkles! the inked embossing looks so pretty and the embellies are perfect! :-)
Hope you're having lots of fun baking with the Grandchildren!
Have a great week!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, once again, you've put us all to shame with your brilliant card. Such a lot of work. Janice xx
http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Another very gorgeous card, I love all the detail you put on your cards inside and out! xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A gorgeous card, I'm specially loving the dainty roses, they are gorgeous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Cara said...

Lovely inspirational card, the flowers set off the image perfectly. Cara x

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful card Jenny, I love the image and your layout, your blooms are fabulous, Kate x

Janice said...

Jenny this is beautiful what a super card, jx

Christine Harrop said...

Jenny this is absolutely fab-u-lous, as Craig Revel-Horwood have said. I just love it!! Somebody is really going tolove receiveing this card! Big hugs! Christine xx

Sarah said...

Everything about your card screams glamour Jenny. The image is lovely but it's your fantastic flowers that get a "10" from me!! xx

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card, great image and some fabulous embellishments, love the EF.
This challenge would have stumped me.

Kath x

pam said...

Beautiful card Jenny, lovely image and your flowers are gorgeous..
Enjoy your time with your Grandchildren.
Pam x

Judith said...

such a pretty card Jenny - I love the added sparkle and lovely embellishments - hope you had a lovely day with your grandchildren hugs judith x

Erika said...

I love the added glitter to her dress Jenny. A perfect card for dancers.
I hope you've recovered after entertaining the grandkids and that you had fun baking.
Hugs Erika. x

Hazel said...

It's beautiful and they are definitely dancing. lol Hazel x

Jean said...

A beautiful card Jenny, I love the added sparkles and your lovely flowers.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

This card is so elegant and has stunning image. Your card brought a wee smile to me as shen my daughter got married I decided to fulfill a lifetime dream and enrolled DH and I in formal dancing lessons. Neither of us knew how to dance properly and I was so excited!

Till our first lesson when I realized that I am a horrible dancer! Two left feet!!! ahahahaha I was really hopeless and the instructor let us quit as DH was not much better than I!!!

scrappymo! said...

This card is so elegant and has stunning image. Your card brought a wee smile to me as shen my daughter got married I decided to fulfill a lifetime dream and enrolled DH and I in formal dancing lessons. Neither of us knew how to dance properly and I was so excited!

Till our first lesson when I realized that I am a horrible dancer! Two left feet!!! ahahahaha I was really hopeless and the instructor let us quit as DH was not much better than I!!!

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Jenny, superb card, it would seem that the entire DT has nailed movement in their cards this time :) I love that, feels like really dancing. Cx

Craft buddy said...

This image was made for this challenge, I like how you mimicked the diagonal shape inside as well as out x Jessie

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Very elegant and perfect for the theme.
Best wishes.
Ang x