MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 3 March 2016

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES DT.................................PURPLE HAZE

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
 Sorry I have been missing again for a while, but last Thursday my eldest sister passed away from Cancer, and I couldn't bring my self to write about it until now.
The funeral is next week so I will be off to Wales early next week.
She wanted everyone to wear something bright and cheerful to celebrate her life.

Today starts another challenge over at
MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES.
This time around it's the B Teams turn. and Jan Small is the host, and she would like Purple on your entries.
So pop over, and take a look at what my lovely team mates have created.

So here is my DT card.

  
I decided to make a oval shaped easel card with my Spellbinders Grand Scolloped Oval Die.
The flowers are from a silk bunch I bought ages ago, and I just took them apart, and added some stamens to them.
The leaf flourishes are Spellbinders.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
I really do appreciate every comment that you make.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

23 comments:

Wendy L said...

Hi Jenny, this is absolutely gorgeous.
Take care. xxxx

Kathyk said...

Your card is gorgeous

I was so sorry to read of the death of your sister and my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time. Hope the funeral will go as well as these things ever do.

Kathyk

Barb said...

Jenny I'm so sorry to hear that your dear sister has passed away. My thoughts are with you and the family at this very sad time. I hope that the sun shines for the funeral.

Your card is beautiful as always and what a lovely colour. Now your sister would love that. Hugs, Barbxx

Janice said...

So sorry to read about your sister Jenny, it must be a very difficult time for you. You and your family are in my thoughts at this sad time.
You have certainly made a beautiful card for today's challenge so bright and pretty, sending hugs, Jx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat een schitterende kaar Jenny.Mooie kleuren heb je gebruikt
Groetjes Gerrie

Pamellia said...

Holy cow Jenny, this is spectacular! Wow, so many intricate die cut pieces, what a lot of work that must have been! Totally worth it, this really is just so stunning! Love the pop of green with the foliage, works so well with the purples. hugs :)

Hazel said...

A beautiful card, Jenny. So sorry to read of your sister's death. My condolences to the whole family. Hazel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Jenny, thinking of you and yours at this sad time.
A marvellous card, beautiful die cuts and flowers on this gorgeous creation.
Lorraine

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, so sorry to hear about your sister, a dreadful time for you and your family.
Beautiful card again from you as always. Janice xx
Http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Liz said...

So sorry to hear your sad news, Jenny. Thinking of you and your family.

A gorgeous card, love the purple. x

Sarn said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Jenny. Deepest condolences to you.

Your beautiful purple card is spectacular & will be a lovely keepsake.

Sending hugs, Sarn xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Aah Jenny so sorry to hear your sad news, cancer it's just such an awful disease. I'm sure you will be comforted by your memories.
Your card is beautiful and the colours and shape are fabulous, take care, Kate x

Sarah said...

Oh Jenny, I am saddened to hear your news and will be thinking of you. May she rest in peace xx

Your card is fantastic, the shape is wonderful xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I was so very upset when I read your very sad news about losing your Sister, my love and prayers are sent to you and your Sister's Family. I will be thinking of you next week, may God be with you all.
Your card is very beautiful, a definite 'credit' to you.
Take care.
Lots of love and huge hugs are being sent to you from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I was so very upset when I read your very sad news about losing your Sister, my love and prayers are sent to you and your Sister's Family. I will be thinking of you next week, may God be with you all.
Your card is very beautiful, a definite 'credit' to you.
Take care.
Lots of love and huge hugs are being sent to you from Patricia xx

Jean said...

Jenny I am so sorry to hear the sad news of your sister, My sincere condolences to you and your family at this sad time. I pray that you have a safe journey to Wales next week and that the funeral will indeed be a celebration of her life.

This is a beautiful card you made, the colour is gorgeous and the flowers really pretty.

Jean x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
So sorry to hear your sad news. Although you knew what lay ahead, it doesn't make it easier to deal with so my thoughts are with you all.
Your card is a little piece of purple loveliness.
Very pretty & hopefully a spot of crafting can provide a bit of solace & escape for you at this sad time.
Take care.
Ang x

pam said...

So Sorry Jenny to read your sad news, regarding your dear Sister, like Ang said we all new what lay ahead, but doesn`t make it any easier for you and your family.
Beautiful card with stunning details and colour.
Take care Pam x

Kathleen said...

So very sorry Jenny, it must be very hard for you, still a shock when it happens.
Beautiful card and a great design, love the dies and the flowers.

Kath x

Craft buddy said...

Wow so many textures and layers, and all that shimmer! x Jessie

karenlotty said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news It's not easy Your card is lovely

Sue B said...

Hi Jenny… so sorry to hear of your loss… I hope the funeral goes well next week. Sounds lovely that you will all be wearing something bright and cheery to celebrate your sister's life. We did the same at my dad's funeral and it was a lovely service. Will be thinking of you next week.
Your card is absolutely stunning… I can't stop looking at it… so many lovely details and I love the shape! it's so elegant and pretty!
Take Care
Love and Hugs, Sue B xxx

Erika said...

Oh Jenny I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. My thoughts are with you and the family. Hugs. x

What a beautiful card, loving the shape and colour combo, the floral element and the touch of sparkle works so well together too.

Take care, hugs Erika. x