MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 29 March 2016

RUDOLF CHALLENGE FOR MARCH 2016

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
Sorry I have been missing again.
Just needed a little break.
I do hope you all had a lovely Easter, and plenty of Easter eggs were consumed yum, yum.

Today I have my entry into the Rudolf Challenge for March 2016 over at Scrappymo's Blog HERE.
Just make a Christmas card to enter, and it runs from the 25th of the month to the end of the month.

  

This is a 8"x8" size card.
The papers are from a 12x12 paper pad I bought from Hobbycraft.
Distressed the edges, and added some inks, and gold embossing powder.
Used some of Phill Martin's Chic Pumpkin texture paste also.

Thank you so much for your visit, and the wonderful comments you make.
They are all very much appreciated.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.  

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
http://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/march-rudolph-days-challenge.html

26 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Such a lot of lovely elements, I keep looking back at it and finding yet more to love.
Thanks for playing along at Rudolph Days Challenge this month
Jane
Rudolph Days DT

Wendy L said...

This is lovely Jenny, sort of Shabby chic, xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card, as good on the inside as it is on the front.

Sue xx

Barb said...

What a lovely vintage card Jenny. I love all those papers. Barbxx

Christine Harrop said...

Super vintage Christmas card Jenny. So much to see. Hope youare feeling more rested. You have had a very trying time recently. Big hugs Christine xx

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jenny with a lovely vintage feel to it. Hope you had a lovely Easter - Michelle x

scrappymo! said...

This is a different look for you Jenny, and you have aced it!!!

Lots of gorgeous vintage papers, lots of tecture from the rubbed edges and layers of lovely card.

Really love the inside as always!

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

Cara said...

A fabulous vintage Christmas card. Love the way you used texture paste and distressed the edges. Cara

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful vintage card Jenny, lots going on in it making it full of inters, great colours too, Kate x

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, card is wonderful! Love the vintage look, great idea with golden edges of paper! Little touches of chic!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous traditional Christmas card, super images and love all the glitter. Inside is totally stunning too.

Kath x

LesleyG said...

wow lots of gorgeous golden vintage going on here, super creation xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous vintage Christmas card using all these lovely elements Jenny. Hope you enjoyed your Easter break.
Lorraine

Jean said...

I love the gold embossing and sparkle that you have added to the super vintage style papers. A lovely Rudolph Day card Jenny.
Jean x

pam said...

Gorgeous vintage Christmas card Jenny, beautiful papers, details and colours.
Pam x

Mrs A. said...

I do believe I have that paper pad too. love what you have done with them and the distressed pockets look super on the insides. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Jenny, you've outdone yourself with all these vintage layers, edged with the rich gold. This is one of the best Christmas collages I've ever seen I think, with each element being just perfect to add to the overall design. Of course you made the inside just as stunning as the outer portion - especially liked that top corner treatment. TFS & glad you had a little blog break. Sometimes you need that! (I've been having sort of one myself!) Big Hugs

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, a beautiful card such gorgeous papers, I have a little set free from a magazine of the same set, you have made great use of the papers, live the stencilling and pearls on the front... have a wonderful week... Megan

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card is really gorgeous, I love your distressed edges and gold embossing, really lovely papers, and loving the texture paste, a lovely effect.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card is really gorgeous, I love your distressed edges and gold embossing, really lovely papers, and loving the texture paste, a lovely effect.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Pamellia said...

Wow, fabulous Jenny! Love the vintage tones and feel to these images. Such a great layout with all the offset layers, a wonderful Christmas card! hugs :)

Sarn said...

Cor . . .that's a stunner Jenny. So many different things to look at and all of them are simply stunning. I must remember to add ink to patterned paper, it makes such a difference.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning shabby chic Santa card and thanks for joining us at March's Rudolph Days Challenge, luv Sam GDT x

Anonymous said...

WOW.....and wow again....a fantastic card.....am off to check out your blog now!! xxx

Erika said...

Jenny I love the shabby chic style of this card and all the layering. The touch of gold really justs finishes the card off beautifully.

Hugs Erika. x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Sorry I've been missing. Fantastic vintage look to this Jenny. Just lovely!
Best wishes.
Ang x