MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 16 March 2016

MALE BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.
I notice I have another follower, but I am not sure who you are, so welcome to my blog, and thank you for joining me in my crafting journey.
 
Well we have been having some glorious weather here in Kent, but it is still a tad cold, but at least the sun shines nicely, and it's not dull, and drab.

Today I have a card I made for my Brother in Law who's Birthday was on Sunday.
It was his first since loosing my sister.



This was a card kit from craftsUprint.
I decoupaged the watch and put the date of his Birthday on the date of the watch, then added glossy accents to it.
I cut part of the inside picture away as I wrote on it before I decided to photograph it.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

21 comments:

Janice said...

Morning Jenny, a great card for a man, always a difficult card to make, but you've done a good job. Hope your b-I-L has a good day. Janice xx
Http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Wendy L said...

Thi is a lovely card Jenny, always hard, the first milestones after a death, xxx

Liz said...

Great masculine card, clever way of adding the date of his birthday. Hope your BIL is able to enjoy his birthday. xx

Cara said...

Wonderful card, the firsts after a bereavement are always so hard. Hope you are coping okay too. Cara x

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Jenny! Love that watch, it looks so real!! Great addition with the gears, such an amazing masculine card! hugs :)

Barb said...

Morning Jenny, That's a lovely card for your BIL. A great male card and a very clever idea too. It will be a big hurdle for him. Love to you too. Barbxx

Sarah said...

A brilliant card for a chap Jenny. I really must get busy and make some man cards for my stock box, I'm always asked for them and then have a mad panic when I can't get inspired!! xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jenny what a gorgeous card and I just noticed blogger had unfollowed me from your blog...it has been playing mischief for some weeks now!!
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Michelle said...

A stunning card for a man Jenny - amazing inside and out - Michelle x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, I love your card, just great for a man, and an older man too.
Your BIL will be feeling your sister's loss as it's a special day for him and she is not there to share it. I hope he and you are coping well, Kate x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is fantastic, I really love it !! My heart goes out to your Brother in Law, it must be so emotional being so close to losing his Wife. My love and hugs to you and your Family, from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is fantastic, I really love it !! My heart goes out to your Brother in Law, it must be so emotional being so close to losing his Wife. My love and hugs to you and your Family, from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

What a great image, it looks so real, really great card, I bet your BIL spent most of the day remembering past Birthdays with your Sister.

Kath x

KandA said...

Hi Jenny, what a fabulous male card xx

pam said...

hi Jenny,
Wonderful birthday card for your BIL, love the images and design.
Pam x

scrappymo! said...

Great images for a wonderfully masculine card. Bet he loved it!

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterende herenkaart Jenny
Mooi verwerkt het horloge
Groetjes Gerrie

Erika said...

What a perfect man card Jenny I love the watch and the glossy accents makes it look real.
I have lots of catching up to do on your blog so best get started.

Hope all is well with you?

Hugs Erika. x

karenlotty said...

Great idea for a card Makes a refreshing change from football or wine Hope you're OK Take care x

Tracey said...

Stunning card Jenny, I'm sure your brother-in-law loved it (even though if his birthday is tinged with sadness).
Take care
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Anonymous said...

WOW again! I love this card, I may have to go and look up where you bought the card kit from to make for my lovely OH as he loves watches!!! Great inspiration..xx