MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 25 February 2014

RUDOLF DAY CARDS AND SNIPPETS CARDS.

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving
friends, and visitors. 
Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my last creation.
I really do appreciate the time you spend visiting
me, as I know time is precious to all of us.
For my few loyal friends who visit nearly every time I post something, Thank You from the bottom of my heart for your very loyal support, because 
your support and visit makes blogging all worth
while.

Now today I have 2 Christmas cards to show
you for a wonderful challenge that starts today,
and on the 25th of every month over at Sarns
blog which you will find HERE
This runs till the 28th of the month, and you 
need to create 2 Christmas creations to enter.
So think this means by the end of the year you
will have at least 24 Christmas cards already
made. YAY this has to be a winner in my book,
as I leave my cards till the last minute every
year. lol.
I can also join in the Snippets Playground as I
have used some snippets in both of these.
Sorry but there are a few photos in this post.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.





I decided to make this word book which you
may remember were very popular about 4 or 5
years ago.


Now the inside.


The papers for these were printed onto card, and
from a Debbie Moore CD called The Crackerbox
Mice.
I do love the image of that mouse with the full
tum after eating all that figgy pud. lol.
Now I think we can all relate to this at sometime
over the festive season. lol. 

Thank you again for your visit and time.
I do hope you like my work.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter these into the following
challenges. 
http://stampingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/ 
Rudolf Day 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/pixies-crafty-workshop-week-113.html 

31 comments:

MaryH said...

Gracious, you are really on top of Rudolph Day with these 2 labor intensive cards! Looks like a lot of work with all the dimension you have going with each one of these. So much for the eye to look around & enjoy on these cards. I have to confess, though, my fav is the rotund mouse who has obviously enjoyed his figgy pudding. These are wonderful. Way to go. I'm still wondering if I can get 2 cards ready to enter!!! TFS & Hugs

Stamping With Bibiana said...

wonderful projects both of them.hugs
bibiana

Sarah said...

I'd forgotten all about word books Jenny, so thanks for reminding me how fab they are and yours is fantastic!! Love the portly little mouse on the Christmas card and the papers inside with the girly mouse and wooden spoon is fabulous!! Love them both xx

Carole Z said...

HI Jenny, two wonderful creations! Love the word book, like Jenny, had forgotten all about them..I used to make them as presents for my friends when they had little kiddies! Love the mouse image on your card..not going to get two made for this time, but maybe next month! Hugs Carole Z X

Sue said...

These are both fabulous Jenny. The word book design looks wonderful. I love the papers and wonderful detailing on each.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny, two wonderful creations love them both.
I had forgotten about the "word books" gosh it is ages since I made one of those.
Have a great day

Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Stunning, Stunning, Stunning !! I thought at first, Christmas cards !!!! but what a fabulous idea, and you will definitely have your Christmas cards in the bag haha. I started out 2014 by saying that I would make a Christmas card every month, we are now nearly in March and I haven't done one yet hahahaha.
I especially love the Xmas 'word book', I haven't come across these before, but this is so, so effective, I love it. The second card is so cute, I'm loving the little mouse with his big tummy after scoffing the figgy pudding. Truly stunning cards, Jenny.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sarn said...

Morning Jenny . . . WOW - you sure do make fantastic cards and so nicely finished on the inside as well as the outside. Absolutely adore the Xmas book . . . wonderful idea.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day (and Snippets).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, wow these are just gorgeous, as always hugs Pops x x x

Hazel said...

Good morning Jenny I hope you are well? Two wonderful cards, I like the "word book " idea. Good on you for getting on and doing your Christmas cards. Hazel xx

vic said...

Hi jenny oh these are just amazing and the papers are gorgeous :)
Hugs
Vic

Karen Petitt said...

Wow - so much wonderful paper piecing for the Xmas card/album and the figgy pudding mouse is fabulous! xx

Sue said...

Ahhhh my lovely fairy godmother these cards are so gorgeous!!! love the word book with all the embellishments on and the figgy pudding one made me chuckle. Lots of huggles from the J household!!!!!!!!!! Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, two fab cards, I love the story book, you have some gorgeous images and embellishments here and the little mouse having stuffed himself is so cute, great design and colours, hugs Kate x

melanie said...

Fantastic cards , what a great Idea for making your Xmas cards. Hugs Melanie

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
You just gotta love the fat mouse lol. Have you cut the letters by hand or with a machine on the first card? Very effective.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Kathleen said...

Wow, two absolutely stunning creations, great colours and papers, love them both, Tip top creations.

Kath x

Di said...

Who wonderful works of art Jenny - gotta laugh at the rotund mouse and I've never attempted making a word book. Another one to go on the loooooong list!

Playing commenting catch up here!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Who? I meant Two!! :) xx

Planetsusie said...

I think these are both amazing Jenny me little matey! I haven't tried a word book and I think yours is so gorgeous, love the papers especially, they are nice and light and go so well with the embellishments. As for the card - well the little mouse is toooo cute and I lurve that roundly belly! I can relate to him extremely well!!!

Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

wat zijn je kaarten schitterend Jenny mooi papier
Groetjes Gerrie

Irene said...

Oh my word Jenny, what brilliant makes. Your book is exquisite, such a lot of work but well worth the effort. Definately a treasure to keep. A brilliant second card, the little mouse is adorable and so smug after his christmas pud.
luv
irene
xxxx

Bonnie said...

Wow, Jenny! These are both amazing! I love the word book! What fun to make and receive! And the frosty pudding is adorable! It's a good thing this is a cute mouse that ate the dessert!

Laura said...

Ooh, love love love the word book! x

Twinks Stamping said...

Oh WOW. I love them both I especially love your first entry, the word book. It's a work of art! Fantastic work. Jan xx

Hettie said...

Great book Jenny. We are on the same wavelength!! I have one or two of those books still virgins! Not quite sure where they are hiding right now!
That card it gorgeous too. Love the picture and you have done a great job inside.
Thanks for visiting earlier.
Hugs
xx

scrappymo! said...

Wow! These are both stunning! The word book is fabulous...what a treat to see. I have never made one and in awe of those who have!
Your figgy pudding card is so adorable...loving the inside as much as the out!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jenny, two fabulous creations. I love the word card - great papers and embellishments - and the mouse topper is so cute in the second. Great Rudolph cards and super use of snippets. Elizabeth xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Both cards are fabulous Jenny but the word book is such a wow! It makes me want to get the alpha dies straight out! Love the little mouse too and he certainly does look as if he'll be wishing he'd have gone for a bit of portion control! Vicky x

LesleyG said...

Wow fab projects! I have a sister living nearby, and I crochet, so lots in common! Xxx

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, Jenny, you really made two fabulous snippets Christmas cards!! These really blew me away, especially that word card!! What a tremendous amount of work, but how fulfilling that must have been when you finished! Love it!! Hugs, Darnell