MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 29 August 2012

90th BIRTHDAY CARD an BOX

Hi to all my wonderful blog friends. Well we are half way through 
the week already. Time does really fly when your having fun, and
I am having so much fun posting my blog, and receiving your lovely comments. I feel I have found a brand new family, and you all have been so gracious to accept me and my work into your crafting family. So may I say a big THANK YOU to you all.
My post today is a 90th Birthday Card and Box. I made for my Father's lady friends Birthday. This one I made for my sister to give her.  


Sorry I didn't photograph the inside of my cards when I made this one.
Now to the box.


Info on what I used for the card and box.
The card is a 6x6 size. I used Centura Pearl Snow White Card.
matted with gold mirri and then I used the Glitter Girls cosmic
embossing board and made layers of cream and peach pearlised card. I used one of the Glitter Girls acetate domes and put one of their flowers into it. The corners are Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Accents, and the bow is vintage ribbon bought from C and C with a pearly button from my stash.
The box is made out of the same card but A3 size this time. I used That Special Touch Mask Doily to emboss the mirri board layered with a circle from cosmic board and then a Spellbinders Lacy Circle on top. Made the 90 with my Cricut machine, added a few Cosmic pearly dots and some flower sequins. A big double coloured bow with the same pearly button, and lastly a flower with the Spellbinders Spiral Blossom Two die.
I hope you like it. In hind sight I should have left off the Happy Birthday peel offs. What do you think?  
Thank you again for visiting my blog, and I hope you all have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny.        

10 comments:

melanie said...

Stunning work a lot of thought has gone into this it must have taken hours ,I do love your pearl buttons .Melanie

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, as Melanie said stunning work, your mind must have been buzzing when you created this master piece. Trying to imagine it without the peel offs but can't decide, sorry. Enjoy your day, crafty love Christine H xx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, I bet both your dad and his friend were thrilled with this beauty. I haven't seen these domes (don't watch television) but it looks like a good idea. Like Christine I'min two minds about the peel offs. On balance I'd probably say no, but I'm sure we all do this. I reckon we should just go with how we feel at the time, it was the right decision then so stand by it. HAve a good day. Christine xx

Christine Harrop said...

Me again - forgot to say that I noticed that you had gone back to your original background instad of the retro one. Christine x

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! how beautiful is that and the box, it is just stunning.
I know what you mean about Peel Offs but I think they look fine. I have loads like all us crafter`s do, they were the "In Thing" when we bought them.
Have a great day

Patricia x

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Jenny. Such a lovely design and all the detailing you have added is wonderful. A special card for a special occasion.

Hugs Sue

Sarah said...

Stunning card Jenny. I'm sure that the receipient will be over the moon with it. Enjoy your day!

Sarah x

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny, me again! Wow this is a dream! You are a very clever and artistic! I love the colours and the design is superb. As for the peel-offs - I would be thinking about how your father's lady friend would view it - my guess is that she will absolutely adore it and will love to see the Happy Birthday.

Fab creation.

Hugs Sue P xxx

Oksana said...

A very special card for a special birthday, it's lovelyx

Carole Z said...

A stunning card Jenny, I can see how much work has gone into it - the design and details are beautiful Carole Z X