MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 12 April 2016

SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND CHALLENGE CARD FOR WEEK 224

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
Sorry I have been missing for a few days, but my Granddaughter's best friend had a Baby Boy late Thursday night, and I have been busy making a few cards for myself, my granddaughter, and my daughter to give her.
I wanted to do this because it's her first Baby, and she lost her Mum to the big C in the middle of February, and she has been such a treasured friend to my granddaughter.
It was also a bakers day at my other youngest granddaughter's school yesterday so we spent the day together, and boy was I tired when she went as she loves to print things off and then laminate them.

Now I have had a very lucky week with challenges I won the Butterfly challenge, and then on Sunday I won the snippets challenge.
 So this morning I made this card for my snippets entry this week.
It's all made from card left over from other cards I have made.

  

This is a 6"x 4" size card.
It's what I have left over from an A3 size card when I make my 8"x8" cards.
The embossing folder, the cup stamp, and the sentiment stamp were freebies from a craft magazine.
After embossing I coloured the card with colour cloud ink Rose Blush.
I stamped the image on a snippet of card with London Fog ink, and then coloured it with Promarkers.
I made the flower out of more snippets of paper, and coloured the edges with colour cloud ink.
So I am definitely off to the playground to join my playground mates with some naughty antics, and hopefully someone has distracted Miss Di, and the lovely Parsnip from catching us.

Thank you so much for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/pixies-snippets-playground-week-224.html 

15 comments:

Jo said...

That's gorgeous Jenny, great use of snippets & a lovely colour too! Sounds like you've had a super busy few days.....and congrats on your wins too!
hugs Jo x

Liz said...

Pretty card, Jenny - lovely colours. Congratulations on your recent wins. xx

KandA said...

Fabulous card Jenny and a wonderful use of your snippets. Congrats on your two wins xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous snippets card Jenny and great colours, and image.

Kath x

pam said...

Beautiful card design Jenny, lovely colours and image.
Congrats on your wins.
Pam x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Lovely card. Pretty in pink!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Jean said...

This is a very pretty card Jenny, nice use of the freebies,as well as of the snippets.
Congratulations on both of your recent wins and enjoy your rewards.
Jean x

Barb said...

Congratulations on your wins Jenny. Two in a week - I hope you've bought a ticket for the lottery!

Your card is really lovely. I love that pink and you do make some pretty flowers. Barbxx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, lucky you winning two competitions. A good use of scraps too!! Janice xx http://Createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Sarn said...

Many congrats on your crafty wins Jenny.
This is a lovely snippets card . . . pretty in pink . . . Di will love it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Well done on TWO wins in the same week Jenny! I plan to post your prize this afternoon - and Sarn is right, I do love your snippets card! Super sweet and pink, yay!

Thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, what a brilliant card made from snippets, and congrats on your wins too.
Love your colours here and the image is lovely, Kate x

Cara said...

Love the embossing. A brilliant card made even more impressive by the use of snippets. Cara x

Erika said...

Congratulations on your snippets win Jenny what a lovely surprise.
A lovely snippet card too. Who doesn't love a cup of tea?

Hugs Erika. x

Wendy L said...

So pretty Jenny, xxx