MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 5 December 2016

POINSETTIA TREE TABLE DECORATION



Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
I have come down with a chest cold now I very rarely get colds so today I had a lazy day, and no apatite.

This fortnights challenge at the Frilly and Funkie is Home for the Holidays and some sort of decoration, but not a card.
So I remembered John Lockwood HERE making one of these Poinsettia Trees back in November 2013 so I thought I would have a go, I just wish I had looked at his video tutorial first as my cone shape would have been easier.




I started by using Starlight Paints to paint my card in Topaz and Diamond colours.
Now I didn't have any dowling I could use so rolled up some card and painted it.
I also didn't have a glass pot to put mine into so used a upturned yogurt pot  and sponge paint on that too.
The base is an old cheese box sponge painted as well.
The poinsettias are from a die I won at the Pixie's Snippets Playground.
So hopefully I can join the playground with this as I have used some snippets.

I hope you like my effort.
Thank you so much for your visit and the wonderful comments you make.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.





21 comments:

pam said...

This table decoration looks amazing Jenny, perfect for your Christmas table.
Looks like you put a lot of work in this, all that die cutting.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness, you never cease to amaze me with your stunning creation.
This is just superb, even though you are not too sure, I am.

Kath x

Wendy L said...

This is wonderful Jenny, I remember john making his and he made a door wreath too. xxxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Keep warm and lot of fluids, (hark at me, I should be taking my own advice haha). I hope you are feeling much better very soon. I have been bad with a hacking cough for over a week, keeping me awake and my hubby too. I have to take a linedance class this afternoon, don't know how I will go on, definitely won't be able to 'call' out the steps haha, I haven't been out since I took the class last Tuesday. I would give anything to be able to stay at home haha.
This creation is stunning, lots and lots of work you have put into this, but it is a 'work of Art'.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Janice said...

Morning Jenny, this must have taken you ages. Beautiful. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This must have taken ages to cut all the poinsettias Jenny, what a beautiful decoration.
Lorraine

Suzanne C said...

Charming! Lovely shimmery gold and silver poinsettias all finished off by a beautiful base with the sweet deer. Thanks for playing along with us in the Frilly and Funkie "Home for the Holidays" challenge!

Di said...

Stunning work Jenny - I absolutely LOVE this decoration you made. No time to try one this year but will keep it in mind for next year :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarah said...

This is stunning Jennyxx

Jean said...

What a fabulous decoration Jenny. It looks like quite a task to cut and assemble all those poinsettias, well worth the effort though.
Hope you are feeling better now.
Jean x

cuilliesocks said...

Your tree is stunning Jenny, fabulous colours and design, love it Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Jenny your tree is wonderful. Never would have guessed the parts making it up. Very classy. hugs Mrs A.

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Jenny, it must have taken forever to die cut out so many poinsettia petals!! Well it was worth it, this is just drop dead gorgeous! I love the antique gold tones, very vintage and elegant at the same time! hugs :)

Sarn said...

Stunning!

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

This is gorgeous, Jenny. Love the silver and gold flowers and your tree base is brilliant!

Erika said...

What a fabulous tree Jenny and great use of the poinsettia die.
Great Christmas colour combo too.
Hugs Erika. x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
This is spectacular and John would be so pleased that you remembered and took inspiration from his gorgeous tree.
Ang x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful table decoration ...all that detail and shimmery colours, Jenny, love it popped over from Mary's blog to see if I have difficulty commenting.
One thing I might suggest is to change your comment box to a pop up from an embedded comment. I find embedded ones often throw up issues.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}


Pamellia said...

Just popping back in to say Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Home for the Holidays' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Jenny, this is soooo clever! I love all those gorgeous poinsettia! This will look fabulous on your holiday table. Clever you! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Home for the Holidays" challenge!

Nancy Dynes said...

I adore your festive tree, Jenny! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!!
Hugs,
Nancy