MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 20 February 2018

GETTING INKY AGAIN FOR THIS ANNIVERSARY CARD


Hi, and a big warm welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Also a big warm welcome to anyone that just pops by to look at my work.
I would love you comment if you can, spare the time.

Well I do hope you all had a great weekend.

I have been getting inky again for a couple of challenges.
So I made this card with an Anniversary in mind that is next month.
Been doing a happy dance again as I am pleased with how this turned out again.





This is a 8"x8" size card.
I got my Izink inks out again to play, and make my background by inking my glass mat and mopping up the ink drying with the heat gun between each layer.
I then cut out the trellis corner with the JND Sandwich Box Die.
I also inked up some more paper with my inks to make the rose.
I spritzed them all with Tattered Angels Mica spray to give them a lovely sheen.
I also made my rose leaves out of snippets of paper, and inked those too.
The die cut leaves were also cut from snippets of card, and  mopped up ink, and the mica spray.
Stamped my sentiment on more snippets with the  ink.
The silver bling butterflies on a string were sent to me by my sister.
I used Pink, Purple, and Pearls on my Butterfly Challenge entry.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
I really do appreciate every visit, and wonderful comment.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
 

30 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love it. Have a great evening. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Claire said...

So pretty Jenny, I particularly like your flower and the colours you've chosen. There is so much detail in your card, I think its one of those that you think you've seen everything then something else catches your eye x

Wendy L said...

So beautiful Jenny, and thanks for playing at Allsorts too, xxx

Michelle said...

Wow, this is gorgeous - these dies are amazing. Love the colours as well Jenny. Thank you for your lovely comment on my last post - Michelle x

pam said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love your colours and decorations.
Hugs Pam x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I'm loving your inking, lovely mix of colours, and your embellishments are gorgeous, I love this card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful selection of colours Jenny and your handmade flower is wonderful xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The colours are gorgeous Jenny, you have certainly created a beautiful card fro the recipient to treasure.
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

Fabulous creation Jenny, love the background and your use of some lovely greens and purples, super background die too.
Thank you for joining our 'Handmade Flowers' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Chris said...

It's a gorgeous card Jenny, beautiful colours in your fabulous inky background, lovely die cuts and that flower is stunning!
Chris
x

Liz said...

Amazing card, Jenny. I love the colours and how you've used the trellis die on the inside of the card too. The inky panel is so pretty. xx

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning, Jenny!! The colors are so beautiful!! I love the design and the details you added!! The crystal butterflies are so pretty!! What a gorgeous card this is!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is stunning Jenny and I really think that you should get inky more often. I really like how you’ve combined the inks and the die cuts to create such a beautifully co-ordinated card. Your flower is gorgeous and I love how your taken the time to add the little gems to your lattice penal. Interestingly enough, I had never heard of Izink until I dropped some samples off last week to Deby at Inkylicious and she was showing me just how colourful and juicy the ink pads are, they’re also a great size. I guess that the next thing on the crafty wish list! Take care and keep those inks out. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

brenda said...

Oh you do spoil us with your love creations Jenny and this one is no exception, such lovely colours and a glorious flower. As with Sandra, I've never heard of those inks so will be checking them out. Many thanks for sharing wit us at our 'Flowers' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

meg said...

wonderful colours Jenny love the combination of the lilacs and green. The trellis and pearl detail and the flower and bow are perfect

KandA said...

No wonder you're pleased Jenny, this card is gorgeous. Love the colours and all the fabulous details xx

Sue said...

Hi my lovely fairy godmother this is sooooo gorgeous! you do make wonderful cards! lots of huggles and sloppies from the J household xxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxx

Brenda in IN said...

Everything about this card is gorgeous. The corner die is so pretty. I love the flower and the color. Beautiful ribbon and heart pearls and the crystal butterflies are the icing on the card.

Mrs A. said...

Such a very pretty card with those shades of colour that you have used. I love the flower and the trellis work corners. Thankyou for spinning the butterfly wheel this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Patricia said...

Wow! Oh!,Wow Jenny another of your fantastic cards, live it.
Patricia xx

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, a super anniversary card in lovely colours. Love the pretty butterfly border added. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Cara said...

The is just gorgeous and I love the rose you made x

Di said...

What a stunning card Jenny! Great use of snippets and just perfect for the Butterfly Challenge of course. Absolutely beautiful with all the pretty elements you've included.

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love the colours and all the pearls. The silver butterfly string is gorgeous :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Pamellia said...

This is just gorgeous Jenny! I love the amazing background, the splashy patterns and wonderfully blended colours, so beautiful! The die cut design is stunning and I love the border of butterfly bling! Wonderful bow with pearl hearts in the middle and big blossom is stunning! What a really amazing card design! sending hugs, happy weekend :)

Craftyhugs said...

Just stunning Jenny! Thise flowers are just beautiful and I love the colours you've used c

scrappymo! said...

Stunning! Love all the elements you used on this card. The wee hearts on the bow, the beautiful butterfly strip, that gorgeous die...etc.
Together they add up to one stunning card.

mamapez5 said...

Wow. That's a stunning card Jenny. Your rose is beautiful. I love the colours you used for your inky background. There is a lot going on and it all works together so well. I also love the way you decorate the inside of your cards. That's true dedication! Kate x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Sorry Ive been awol.
Fabulous card and I love what you did with the heart pearls. I knew you would find a good use for them.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Amazing creation, love the colors mix and your gorgeous handmade rose!!! There are so much beautiful details to see! Great use of your snippets! :)