MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 18 August 2017

BOX FOR THE 60th BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.

Sorry I didn't get around to commenting on everyone yesterday, but the old RLS kicked in while I was doing it, and that aggravates my knees and hips too, so I had to stop, and walk around to try and stop it.
Not a great deal of success either especially if I'm overtired.
Still that's enough of my complaining I am sure there are more people with more troubling health probs than me.
I am going to try and catch up today though.

As stated in my earlier post I had to make a box for the 60th Birthday card so here it is.


This is the box I make for an 8"x8" size card.
Luckily I had the same Graphic 45 papers in a 12x12 pad to use for the box.
Computer generated sentiment.
I made the pattern inside the circle with a 1" circle punch chopped in half.
I rather like how this looks, and will use it again sometime stuck a button and some twine where it didn't quite fit.

Thank you so much for your visit and the wonderful comments you make, they are really appreciated.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

16 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A fitting box for your lovely card Jenny. I hope you find some ease for your pain soon, take care, Kate x

meg said...

Hope the pain eases soon Jenny, the box is perfect for the 60th birthday card

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning box for a 60th Birthday card. I do hope you are feeling better. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

Super box Jenny...perfect for your fabulous card.
xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A fabulous box and matches the fabulous card, beautifully.
I hope you are feeling better real soon.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

A really lovely box and love the way you have cut the punched circles in half make a super pattern.

Kath x

Jules said...

Hi Jenny

A fabulous box .. .. cards always seem super special when they arrive in a box .. .. and even more special when the box is decorated too.

Sorry to read you are struggling. I hope you get some pain free periods of time too.

Enjoy your weekend.

Love Jules xx

pam said...

A fabulous created box Jenny, beautiful papers and great idea for the circle decoration.
Thank you for your kinds words.
Hugs Pam x

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous box!! I love the design and the papers!! I hope you are feeling better. Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Liz said...

A perfect box for the gorgeous, masculine card you made. Clever idea to use the circle punch - very effective. xx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, Great Box !! Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Cara said...

I love this box! The perfect mix of decoration and restraint. Sorry to hear that your RLS is playing up. I don't have it to the same degree as you but I find that doing calf and hamstring stretches etc help to calm it down when it plays up. Somewhere I had a photo of what my husband had wriiten using magnetic poetry words not long after we'd started dating. It said, "I love you and your wriggly legs!".

KandA said...

Super box Jenny and perfect for the card you made xx

Michelle said...

Gorgeous box Jenny - lovely design and I hope your RLS feels better soon. Have a great weekend - Michelle x

Unknown said...

Wonderful box Jenny :)
I'm sorry I'm behind in my commenting too, apart from massaging the calf with the RLS the other thing that really used to help me was walking/standing barefoot on a cold concrete or tiled floor,
Hugs Kaz xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Fab box to match the card.
Sorry your legs are playing up again. Must disturb your sleep terribly. Hope it settles soon.
Ang x