MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 30 October 2017

80th BIRTHDAY CARD AND BOX


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.

Been looking after my Granddaughter today as she doesn't go back to school till tomorrow.
She is my youngest Granddaughter.
We also had lunch with my eldest Granddaughter today, and her mother my Daughter.
 Before we went to lunch my youngest Granddaughter wanted to make cards.

Fingers crossed Win 10 seems to be behaving today thankfully.

Last week I was asked to make a card for my Daughter's boss who is Welsh, and in Wales we call our Mum Mam.
So here is the card and box I made her.




This is a 8"x8" size card and box I made to fit.
Now the order was for Lavender Colours and I didn't have any Lavender card so I sprayed my card with Tattered Angels Mica spray to get the colour I was after.
As the lady in  question  loves handbags and flowers my Daughter suggested to cascade the flowers down the handbag.
I am quite pleased with how it turned out.
The letters were made by gluing 3 lots of each letter to make them stand out nicely.
Put some ribbon on the handle of the bag to represent a scarf.
Hope you like this as much a I do.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love the colour and the pretty flowers. The box is gorgeous too, especially the pretty corners
Hugs Kaz xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny the card and box are gorgeous. It sounds like you had a lovely day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rita said...

What a gorgeous card Jenny. Love your chosen colours and the beautiful layout. Hugs Rita xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This card is really lovely, the lady will love it !! I was brought up in Lancashire and we all called our Mum, Mam, too, it was only when I joined the Army that I started calling her Mum.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

Wow, Jenny this is one classy card, gorgeous colours, the flower display on the handbag is fabulous. Really lovely dies corners too.
Your Daughters Boss, still working at 80, good grief!

Kath x

Wendy L said...

Super card Jenny, I bet she loved it, xxx

pam said...

Beautiful birthday card Jenny, wonderful colour and decoration.
Hugs Pam x

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so elegant and gorgeous!! i love the purse!! The colors and design are beautiful!! So stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jenny, the colours are beautiful and I love how you've decorated the bag with the spray of flowers. Super decorated box too. xx

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, Wow what a beautiful creation for a very special Mum, love the colours and the bag with all the flowers. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Mia said...

What a beauty! Perfect for a mam! Elegant card. Kisses, my friend.

meg said...

Beautiful make Jenny the colour is stunning, lovely idea to have a spray of flowers on the handbag love it

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is such a gorgeous card and box Jenny, I love the colour and pretty die cuts you have used.
Lorraine

KandA said...

Beautiful card and wonderful colours. I'm sure the recipient loved it xx

Pamellia said...

So gorgeous Jenny! I love the purple tones, purple is becoming a new favourite of mine! The pearly paper is so divine, it really sparkles when the light hits it! Love your fancy doily and the purse is just gorgeous with all the pretty flowers and pearl strands! The box is just as beautiful, what attention to detail you have! Stunning set! hugs :)

cuilliesocks said...

My goodness Jenny what a wonderful card, beautifully designed and coloured, love the little bag and the box is so beautiful, Kate x

Chris said...

It's beautiful Jenny, the lavender colour is gorgeous. Love the flower bedecked bag, such a good suggestion from your daughter :)), the whole design is very elegant. The matching box is lovely too!
Hope you enjoyed your day with daughter and granddaughters.
Chris
x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
The set is terrific. Beautiful card and equally beautiful box.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Sarah said...

Oh yes, I like it very much I deed and I bet the lucky recipient did too xx

Cara said...

Wow, I love this. That handbag of flowers is so pretty x