MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 16 February 2018

A CARD MADE FROM WENDY'S SKETCH ON F/BOOK


Hi and a big warm welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Also a big warm welcome to anyone who just chances on here to view my work.

Now Wendy who is our team leader on the MAWTT Challenge sets a sketch challenge on Facebook every week on her craft page so I really wanted to enter this week and more if I get chance.

Here is what I created out of her sketch which I am quite pleased with.  One of those cards you want to do a happy dance after making.



This is the sketch.

 
This is a 8"x8" size card.
I made the background a while back when using Izink inks and this is what I created with mopped up inks.
Today I spritzed it with a Tattered Angels Mica Spray to give it a sheen.
Then I cut out my apertures, and added some Snippets of coloured card from my snippets box.
The JND flowers and leaves were also made from snippets.
The lovely trellis die cuts in the middle of the ovals came from JND's Sandwich box die, and was cut out of the pieces of the apertures.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.
I really appreciate every visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

25 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love how you have interpreted the sketch it is fabulous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

What fabulous colours Jenny, and a beautiful design, such lovely embellishmets too, Kate x x

Liz said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jenny. Gorgeous design and I love the colours you've used. xx

pam said...

Beautiful card you have created Jenny, love the colours and wonderful layout.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

Super take on the challenge and a really lovely card, gorgeous background and would certainly make a great Easter card.

Kath x

KandA said...

Such a pretty card Jenny, lovely colours and a great take on the sketch xx

Chris said...

Wow! What a fabulous colourful card, such a lovely design. It's gorgeous Jenny!
Chris
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the pretty pastel colours on your background, just right for this gorgeous Easter card. You have recreated the sketch perfectly with those beautiful trellis ovals.
Lorraine

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!! I love the design!! Perfect take on the sketch!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

Super duper card my lovely fairy godmother it's so pretty and love the dies you have used! lots of huggles and sloppies from the J household .xxxxx Sue xxxxxx

Mrs A. said...

What lovely colours on this card. Love the yellow showing through the trellis work . I' hopeless at turning a sketch inta card. Hugs Mrs A.

meg said...

Beautiful colours and design Jenny the sparkle is gorgeous

Jo said...

Beautiful make Jenny, the colours are stunning x

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, it's lovely when it all comes together perfectly !! Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh the lattice is gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Brenda in IN said...

This is so springy, it makes me smile. I love how you did the lattice work. That added so much texture along with those stunning flowers. I like the two different colored ribbons you used. So nice to "meet" you and I am your newest follower. Thanks for visiting me and becoming a follower too.

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is gorgeous, I love your interpretation of the sketch, it is gorgeous !! You are definitely getting to grips with the inks.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Craftyhugs said...

Wow Wow! This is amazing. Your interpretation of Wendy's sketch is just spot on. I adore your background and was only just saying on another blog how I've all the inks to do it and have had them a while now but just haven't had the guts to try it lol. It must be so much fun and even better when you create your own background that nobody else has got. Amazing card hun , good luck xx

Cara said...

Just gorgeous, definitely worth a happy dance x

Unknown said...

Stunning card Jenny, love that beautiful background the colours are so pretty :)
Hugs Kaz xx

MaryH said...

Fabulous take on the challenge sketch, and what a beautiful and sunny Easter card you've shared. Love that mop-up background, and it looks grand with the lattice design of the oval openings. The dimensional flowers are gorgeous, add so much dimension. As always, the inside of your card is equally lovely. TFS & Hugs

Mia said...

What a fabulous card, Jenny! Kisses, my friend.

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Jenny. The lattice behind the ovals is so pretty and I love your colours here.

Pamellia said...

Wow wow wow Jenny, this is just magical! Your background is incredible, what an amazing blend of colours and shimmer! I love the beautiful die cut that you've tucked behind your windows and your flowers are just amazing! All of these beautiful pastel tones and the lovely sheer bows make it all the more feminine and lovely!! Have a wonderful week my friend :)

Planetsusie said...

I'm not surprised you're pleased with this Jenny - it is wonderful and I love your handmade Izinks and TA Mica Spray paper. Great sketch to follow, in fact I've made a note of it to have a go later!! Hugs to you both with purrs and pecks from the boys here! Sue Pxxx