MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 15 October 2018

CHRISTMAS CARD


Hi, and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Update on Hubby we have now found out by phoning the Doctor, and saying he was still very tired, and just walking to the bathroom was exhausting him, that he is Anaemic, very low in Vitamin B12, and Folic Acid.
This showed up on his bloods they took at the Hospital when in AE, but nothing was done about it.
Gives you real confidence in the health system doesn't it.
He is now having B12 injections twice a week, and taking iron tablets, and folic acid ones.
Hopefully we will see some improvement soon.

While looking after him I have sneaked a few odd hours in the evening when I am not exhausted myself to catch up on some Christmas cards.
So I was delighted to see the Allsorts Challenge this week was Christmas.
So here is one of my makes.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The paper on the front is Hunkydory I just added some snow bought from Mrs Duck's craft shop which you will find a link to on the right side of my blog if you are interested.
The VW car with the Christmas Tree is a freebie stamp from Creative Stamping  Magazine.
I stamped it with my Misti, and Versafine Ink and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder.
Coloured it with Promarkers, and then cut it out and glued it to the scene.
I used Memento London Fog to create the tyre marks in the snow.
Just remembered I forgot the snow on the car, and tree. LOL.
The sentiment was also a freebie stamp, and the inside verse was one too.
The lovely stitched squares inside were a buy from my winnings at the Allsorts Challenge, and are from Swedish House Crafts. 

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
I really appreciate your visits especially as I haven't had time to reciprocate.
Lots of crafty love.   JENNY. 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/10/week-489-christmas.html

22 comments:

meg said...

Your experiences at the hospital do little to give us faith in our NHS, so sad that communication and follow up was lacking for your hubby, hopefully the B12, iron and folic acid will make a noticeable difference in the next few weeks.
Love your card Jenny the car and tree were a super freebie and beautifully coloured. a wonderful scene.

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jenny, such a lovely scene.
Hopefully your hubby's new medication will result in a speedy improvement for him. xx

Kathleen said...

A really lovely card Jenny, super scene and images, never noticed the lack of snow on the tree or car, it doesn't really need it anyway. Super inside too.
It's a farce these days, I think a lot of it is the fact that it is just a job these days not a profession or a career.
Lets hope that all the tablets and injections kick in PDQ.
Oh nearly forgot ... Thank you for joining our 'Christmas' challenge over at Allsorts.

Kath x

Wendy L said...

Super card Jenny, love the card with the tree on the roof and thanks for playing at Allsorts , xxx

Lisa said...

I'm glad they were able to figure out what was wrong with your hubby, Jenny. I hope he's feeling much better soon. Your card is gorgeous!! I love the pretty village and the adorable car with the tree!! The snow is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

Oh dear Jenny, the NHS does give room for concern doesn't it. It took them eight weeks to tell me they picked up something on my lung from my kidney CT scan back in the summer and only then because I asked my GP to chase it up. But it's good they have at last sussed out what needs to be done for hubby.

Your card is lovely as always and has a fun element to it, makes you smile. Many thanks for joining in with our 'Christmas' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Michelle said...

Wonderful Christmas card Jenny. Hoping now that your hubby is having the injections, he will soon be much better. Sending best wishes to both of you - Michelle x

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love the design. I do hope that your hubby starts to improve now. I was badly anaemic once and it is exhausting. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super festive card design Jenny.
I hope hubby starts to feel better soon.
Lorraine

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Jenny

I hope hubby will be showing signs of improvement following even a couple of B12 injections, poor man!

Love this bright and pretty card Jenny, inside and out

Happy crafting....

June x

Chris said...

Fabulous card Jenny, such a lovely wintery scene, so impressed you even thought to make tyre marks in the snow! Glad you had a little time to play.
I think one of the biggest probs with NHS at the moment is lack of communication...they seem to do the tests, get the results, file them and do nothing about it! I could give you a huge catalogue of disasters suffered by both my Mum and my brother due to failure to act on test results! Rant over!
I hope that now the problems are being treated that your poor hubby will soon start to feel better.
hugs
Chris
x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, I love your card, fabulous scene and the car is adorable.
Pleased that Hubby is having the treatment that will sort him out. Kate x x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I know what you mean about confidence in the health system, I can't believe they knew that Tony was depleted in these things and didn't give him anything, now let's hope that they have a very quick effect.
A lovely Christmas scene card, I love the scene.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

scrappymo! said...

Well, in spite of not attending to the issues at the time, at least now your husband has the pills, shots and other things to take to help him recover.

Glad you are getting a wee bit of time to create. Your card is so pretty, and that freebie tree and car stamp is fabulous! The inside of your card is as lovely as ever!

Mummylade said...

Wonderful snow effekt! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, great scene, thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Christmas' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

KandA said...

It's a fabulous card Jenny and a wonderful winter scene.
Let's hope that your hubby starts making some improvements now he has the right medication. As for the NHS I think it's such a shame that something that started out so good has become what it is now xx

Mrs A. said...

I needed to have a course of folic acid tablets from my doctors after a blood test for something else also threw it into the mix. Blood test after the course of treatment showed my folic acid levels back to normal so hope Hubbys will do the same. This is a lovely scenic Christmas card and finished off beautifully inside too. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda in IN said...

A beautiful, snowy scene you created for this card. I love the tree on the car. It doesn't speak very well of the health care system that they didn't notify you of low B12 and Folic Acid in hubby's test results That is pretty important information to withhold. I'm glad you were able to sort it out and hopefully he is seeing improvement now.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Brilliant card Jenny and the one above too for DT you've excelled.
So sorry re DH .. I know from experience even with private cover mistakes are made.. big ones here too. I am glad that a solution is now available.
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Sorry Iv'e been missing of late.
Sorry also to hear that Tony still isn't well. I take Vit B12 tablets everyday and when I had anaemia last year, I felt dreadful. At least they picked it up fairly quickly but it took them 5 years to notice my declining kidney function, despite around 40 blood tests during that time.
Anyhoo, love your card and many thanks for the mention.
Best wishes.
Ang x