MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 25 January 2016

RUDOLF CHALLENGE JANUARY 2016

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
I do hope you are all keeping well, and you had a great weekend.
Hopefully the weather was kind to you all.

Well today is the start of the Rudolf Challenge 2016.
It runs from the 25th of the month to the end of the month  HERE.
The lovely Scrappymo is in charge, and does a wonderful job too.
So here is my first entry for this year.



I don't know what you call this shape card, but I saw a similar one being demonstrated on C&C  so I put my own twist on it.
The paper and the image were a freebie from a craft magazine a year or so ago.

Thank you so much for you visit.
I am off to the hospital with my DH today for his check up after his op.
He has quite a few scheduled  appointments over the coming weeks.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 
http://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/january-rudolph-days-challenge-and-meet.html 

24 comments:

Barb said...

Wow this is a fantastic card Jenny. Very unusual and very beautiful too. Barbxx

Kathyk said...

Loving your entry and your use of both dimension and Christmas colours, thank you for entering the Rudolph Day challenge

Kathyk
Guest Design Team Member at Scraps of Life

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A beautiful start to your Rudolph Challenge, lovely papers and a beautiful shaped card, I love it !!
I hope Tony gets a good progress report from the hospital.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A beautiful start to your Rudolph Challenge, lovely papers and a beautiful shaped card, I love it !!
I hope Tony gets a good progress report from the hospital.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

sally said...

I do so love bull finches & now I'm back in France for a couple of months I shall be seeing them in the tree outside the bedroom window, your card has just reminded me of that small pleasure :-)

Sally

Pamellia said...

Wow Jenny, I really love this one!! The inlaid layers are so wonderful, what an amazing design!! The bird image is awesome, birds are just my favourite for Christmas!! Love the big bow and the lovely paper...just love it all! hugs :)

Sarn said...

Ooh I love the shape of your card Jenny. Lots of dimension and pretty papers.
HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY to you.

Hugs, Sarn x

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, lovely Rudolph card.....getting ready for Christmas ???? Janice xx
Http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

scrappymo! said...

Hi there
Hope your husband continues to recover and wish him restored health!

Your card is lovely. I like the way your wee bird is framed by those die cuts. The inside of your card is beautiful as always!

Sarah said...

Wow!! This is fantastic Jenny, love the image, the traditional colours, the design and the pretty pearly finishing touches...everything!! xx

Kathleen said...

Great shape of card and some lovely papers, such a cute Robin.

Kath x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card there Jenny. Love the shape - how unusual.
Hope Hubby is ok after his visit to the hospital.
Hugs
xx

pam said...

Gorgeous festive card Jenny, love the traditional colours, inlaid image with shaped frames.
Pam x

MaryH said...

Well, of COURSE I love this little fat robin! You've presented his handsome self in a beautiful format, with the traditional colors on the pretty framing. Great background DP, with the mistletoe & pretty bow embellies. Love this one!!! TFS & Hugs.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Jenny, I love the robin and the wonderful design
Kevin xx

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, wonderful card! Love the bird and the berries on the background and under the image!!!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
I really should do some Christmas cards early. This is lovely with the bling that look like snowflakes and what an unusual shape. All terrific Jenny.
Hope Tony's appointment went well.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Pia S said...

Beautiful layers and dimension, love the berry detailing and the pearl snowflakes is a decorative detail too.

Christine Harrop said...

This is terrific Jenny! The shape is great, very unusual. Hope things go well with Tony. Hugs Christine xx

Christine Harrop said...

This is terrific Jenny! The shape is great, very unusual. Hope things go well with Tony. Hugs Christine xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A wonderful card jenny, I love the shape (not seen this one before)
it makes a great card.

Sue xx

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card Jenny!! Love the shaped frame (I don't know the name either). The image is very beautiful!! Hope things go well for your DH. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Rudolph day challenges.
-Berina
Moxie Craftie
Rudolph Days Challenge DT

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Jenny. I love the addition of the little pearl snowflakes. xx

Sally H said...

A wonderful card, Jenny! I love Bullfinches. Hope your Hubby got on okay at his appointment. Sorry it took a while for me to get here