MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 27 January 2016

GUEST DESIGNER FOR BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE.........#47 O FOR OVER THE EDGE

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
A few weeks ago I won the
BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE 
 and as part of the win, I was invited to be a Guest Designer.
The challenge runs for a fortnight, and I chose the letter O For Over The Edge.
So here is what I came up with for my Over The Edge it's another Tissue Box as I do love making these.



These are so easy to make, and to think I was afraid to make them at one time.
I measure my tissue box, and then do my scoring on my Hougie Board.
This one measures 5" high 4and a half inches to one side and 4" on the other.
So I cut 2 A4 pieces of card down to 5"  in height, and then I score half an inch for your gluing flap then 5" and then 9" and cut off what's left.
Glue together your flaps to make your box.
The lid will be 6 and half inches by 6 inches, and score at 1" around each side, and glue like the lid of a box.

Thank you so much for your visit and time.
I do hope you can join us for this current challenge.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

20 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Stunning !! a truly stunning tissue box, the embellishments are fabulous, and would be ideal for Valentine's Day, the colours are gorgeous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Stunning !! a truly stunning tissue box, the embellishments are fabulous, and would be ideal for Valentine's Day, the colours are gorgeous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Barb said...

Hi Jenny, Well this is just stunning and all those butterflies are certainly over the edge. A really beautiful piece of work.Barbxx

Pamellia said...

Congrats on your guest spot Jenny, what an inspiration this project will be! I love your interpretation of 'over the edge' will all the beautiful layered butterflies. The red is just lovely and I adore all the additions pearl elements. So pretty! hugs :)

Mrs A. said...

your Butterfly Tissue box is gorgeous Jenny and fits the Over The Edge Theme perfectly. Thsnkyou for being by Guest designer for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracey said...

This is stunning Jenny & so pretty :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your GDT Jenny and this is stunning - all those butterflies are gorgeous - Michelle x

Janice said...

OMG Jenny !!! what a fantastic tissue box. You need to go into business and run classes to show us all how to do these brill cards and projects. It must have taken you ages to decorate this box. You could sell them for Valentines day pressies. I live in North Kent. Do you manage to get to many shows? I am going to Sandown on Saturday. Janice xx
http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Wendy L said...

How ironic, I,m just looking at your blog and I get a comment from you !!!!
Love this box, will have to try for a raffle prize at my slimming club. lloks gorgeous, xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh my word! This is amazing Jenny. So many butterflies, it's just gorgeous and practical too. So much work has gone in to this wonderful tissue box, you are so clever.
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

This is definitely a WOW creation and I don't mean white on white, totally love the red and white effect.

Kath x

pam said...

Stunning project Jenny, gorgeous butterflies on your tissue box.
Congrats on your GDT post.
Pam x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot Jenny, beautiful tissue box I love the butterflies and the roses
Kevin xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous exquisite creation Jenny, congrats on your GDT spot xx..xx {aNNie}

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, congrats on your GDT spot and well deserved too.
Your box is gorgeous loads of fabulous dies and a gorgeous colour too, Kate x

Erika said...

You do make such super tissue box covers Jenny, I love the butterfly theme on this one and the colour combo.

Hugs Erika. x

KT Fit Kitty said...

WOW Jenny! This is AMAZING! Love it! Congratulations on your GD feature!

Kath said...

A fabulous creations - I love the super colours too.
Kath x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Just playing catch up again. Looks like we're all at the tissue boxes but the one I did is not as glamorous as this.
So lovely with the butterflies.
Best wishes.
Ang x

AlisonC said...

Wonderful creation which must have taken ages. I can see why you love making them.