MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 7 October 2012

BIRTHDAY CARD FOR MY DAD

Hi and good morning to all my wonderful followers and visitors.
May I say welcome to my new follower Vicky and thank you
for joining my blog.
Well dear friends I now have 26 followers 4 more to my 
candy Draw. Yipee !
 I have been adding a few more items over the weeks so
I will take another photo of it tomorrow and put on Mondays post.
THANK YOU for all your lovely comments .
I really do appreciate everyone that is made, and I feel sooooooo
lucky to have wonderful friends like all of you.

My card today is my Birthday Card to my Dad.
It's his Birthday on the 13th of this month and he will be
93 years young.

So here it is, I hope you like it.

Click on the photo to get a closer look at the card.

Now the inside.


I made this card from A3 card made into an 8x8 card.
I matted it with red card and some tarten  papers from my stash.
I then cut out a lot and I mean a lot of Parisian Corners in Red
and glued them all around the card.
I matted some more of the paper to a tag, then I coloured in my
freebie image with Promarkers.
I cut around him and mounted him on the tag.
Finished it all off with a couple of sentiment tags from Pink Gems.
As you can see I did my usual decorated the inside.

Well that's all for today folks, I hope you like my creation today.
Thank you again for sparing your precious time to visit my blog.
I hope each and everyone of you has a wonderful Sunday.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.
 http://foreverfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/fortnightly-challenge-no-46-anything.html?m=1

18 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Happy birthday to your dad Jenny. What a great age to reach. He's going to love this bright cheery card. He grew up in the age where the catapult wasn't classed as a dangerous weapon.LOL! Like the clever use of borders to form a frame. love from Christine x

Patricia said...

Happy Birthday to your dad when the day comes, really must try to remember that date.
Your card is bright and cheery obviously just like your Dad must be.
Love all the embellishments especially that wee foot paper clip.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, bet your dad will love this card, especially if he is young at heart. Being Scottish I love your use of tartan also I really like the way you finish off your cards with gorgeous inners. I just love the ticket embellishment with the date can you tell me how you did this?

Have a great day.

Wilma x x

Jenny L said...

Good morning Wilma,
the ticket embellishment was bought from Pink Gems Craft Website in digi form, and you print it off whenever you want to use it and then colour it how you like.
I hope this helps.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny

Sue said...

this is wonderful Jenny. I love the image and the way you have created the frame around the edge of the card looks so effective.

I hope you have a great day

Hugs Sue

Oksana said...

Hi Jenny, what a lovely card and hope he has a wonderful 93rd birthday.x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Absolutely brilliant this card, I am not Scottish, but I absolutely love tartan papers and ribbons, at first glance I thought, how have you done the die-cut frame, then you told us, you have made a fantastic job with the parisian dies, they border the card beautifully, I love the foot paper clip, where do you get those from?, they're gorgeous. Your Dad will be thrilled to bits with this card, please wish him Happy Birthday from me, when the day comes.
I'm glad you told Wilma where you got the date tag, I would love that too, thank you for sharing.
Have a lovely Sunday, I'm away to get dressed and ready for Church now, and this afternoon I will be finishing off a card I started yesterday afternoon, hopefully ha ha !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Patricia,
the foot paper clip I bought quite a few years ago at Staples. I bought them and can't remember where I have put them. I just found 2 hanging around the craft room as you do.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny.

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Jenny. The tartan paper is perfect and the image is gorgeous. Your Dad will love it.

Craftyhugs said...

Morning Jenny what a fantastic card you've made today and congrats on getting more followers! I adore the image he's so cute and the detail around the border is just beautiful I love it! Many hugs sharon xxxx

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenny I will have a look

Wilma. X x

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Jenny, many congratulations to your Dad and a very happy birthday when it arrives. A fantastic age and a fantastic card, your Dad is going to love it. Hope you are having a lovely Sunday, love Christine H xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Thanks for that Jenny, I will be popping into Staples soon ha ha, they may still sell them, I thought how lovely they were. xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Wilma, I have just checked Pink Gems Craft and it is under digi stamps and then sentiments and voila there is the month tag, it is so good I think to put on and circle the date and put the month on aswell, making it more personal, Jenny is an angel finding this for us.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jenny I loved the shaped paperclip first time seeing something so cute!

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, I'm having to do a late and quick blog hop today! Love your card and bet your Dad will be bowled over! Hugs, Carole Z X

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny - I'm late again - but I wasn't going to do any blogging because my 'puter is acting up. I found myself on your blog and I do love this card - it is so cute and I bet your dad will adore it. I love the border that you have made into a frame - good idea! I think the colours are amazing - so lovely and bright. Brilliant Jenny.

Big hugs Sue Pxxx

Teresa said...

Hi Jenny, I'm so pleased you won my Joanna Sheen candy, thanks for being in touch, could you please email me your address so I can pass it onto Paula as she has the prizes ready to send out. Thanks again for joining in and your cards and blog are beautiful, enjoy your day. Hugs Teresa xx