MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 31 October 2012

SWEET GIRL

Hi and good morning to all you wonderfully talented people in bloggland.
THANK YOU for all your wonderful comments, and get well
wishes.
I'm still not feeling well, can't eat, got no apatite, very lethargic.
I tried a piece of dried toast yesterday morning, but nothinig
tastes nice, even tea and coffee are horrible.
Apparently there is lot of this bug going around, so I hope none
of you catch it because it' not nice at all.
Normally I don't catch any of these sort of bugs or have I just
been lucky.

My card today is one I made to take my mind of feeling soooo
rotten.


Click on the photo to enlarge the picture.

Now the inside.



This is an 8x8 card.
Matted with lilac card and Dovecraft Papers called back to basics.
Sorry I can't remember where I bought this image.
 I coloured it in with Promarkers.
I added some stars and other embellishments form my stash.
I hope you like it.

Thank you again for your visit, you are so kind to spare the 
time in your busy lifestyles to visit my blog.
I hope you all have a wonderful crafty and healthy day.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.
http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/  Stars.
http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/  Polka Dots or
Spots.

20 comments:

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
Here`s a wee "HUG" from me, hope you feel better soon.
Super card as usual, a lovely image beautifully coloured.
Keep cosy, keep crafting

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Oh Jenny sorry your feeling poorly, hope you get better soon. Your card is so lovely, shows even if you are not feeling well you can still produce a lovely card.

Drink plenty of fluids and stay warm.

Wilma x x

Anonymous said...


Good morning Jenny. I thought I had got your bug yesterday, picked girls up from school to go to their Spanish lesson but had to turn back ho boy did I feel sick and such a sore head luckily got to my house in time. I seem fine this morning so it must have been the sore head that caused it. Off to visit Patricia for lunch so here's hoping it was just that. Hope you feel better soon lots of hugs. Hazel

Caroline said...

Good morning Jenny gorgeous card love the layout. Hope you feel better soon hun. Big Hugs Caroline xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Oh poor you! Hope you are feeling better soon. Perhaps you should have made yourself a Get Well card Jenny. LOL! This is lovely - sweet image and embellishments. Love from Christine x

Teresa said...

I do hope you feel better soon Jenny, there's a lot of it about, reading through blogland quite a few people seem to have a bug or know someone who has. Your card is gorgeous, lovely little image and pretty colours. Take care of yourself. hugs Teresa xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I love the sweet image and the colours and details are so pretty.
I do hope you are feeling better soon.
Take care
Hugs Sue

Kelly Lloyd said...

Pretty card Jenny.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs Kelly

Marie-Louise said...

Really lovely card Jenny. The image is so cute and the flowers are gorgeous. Your "bug" sounds like one I had this time last year but I had a dreadful cough as well. Hope it passes soon.

Rita said...

Oh Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about the horrible bug, my husband has it too. It seems to affect the tastebuds really badly. Your card is beautiful and shows how you can still make a card whilst feeling unwell. Keep Warm and drink plenty of fluids. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

Lovely card Jenny so sorry to hear you have a bug I had one the other week and it lasted for almost 6 days I basically should have slept in the loo!!! hope your feeling much better soon hun huggles xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carole Z said...

HI Jenny, lovely card, really sweet image - sorry your still not feeling well, hope you feel better soon, Carole Z X

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Now that is definitely Dedication to your Art, even feeling really, really, rotten you are still providing us with the enjoyment of your creative expertise. I do hope you are feeling better really soon, it is not nice at all when you don't want to eat or even drink, my heart goes out to you.
Your card is really beautiful soft colourways and the image is gorgeous, I really love it.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
PS I've been to Liverpool this morning, back to work, where a colleague who had a baby 6 months ago was coming into the office to show off her baby, so I really wanted to go. It was just as if I had never retired a year last June, it was absolutely lovely to see everyone, I really enjoyed myself, but the best part was that I didn't have to do any work, that can't be bad eh ha ha !!!!

Craftyhugs said...

Hi Jenny. This is a gorgeous card! That cute little girl is adorable and you've coloured her so well! Ill have to go and have a nose as I'd love to colour her in. I really hope you feel better soon. It's an awful big and I suffered from it for three days , my son was really ill with it and it lasted for over a week. He just slept. So I know how your feeling honey. Sending healing thoughts your way. God bless xxx

pinky said...

Just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
Pinky

Christine Hussey said...

Evening Jenny, so sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, I do hope you will feel much better soon. Well if that's the standard of your creations when you are feeling unwell then my dear the sky's your limit. Your card is so sweet and your image very cute. Love the pretty colours you have chosen, the flowers are gorgeous and as usual finished off inside beautifully. Get well soon Jenny, take care, love Christine H xx

Olivia said...

Fantastic job. Love the colors and the sparkle. Thanks for joining Us at Crafty Sentiments.

Pamela said...

Very pretty card, thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Pam x

Laura Bradley said...

Beautiful card Jenny! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments! Laura x

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments. And good luck.

Caz xx CSD DT