MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 23 March 2015

SUGAR SKULLS BIRTHDAY CARD NO 2

Hi and welcome to all my friends, and visitors.
I do hope you all a wonderful weekend, and the 
weather was good to you all.

Thank you for your visit and time, I very much
appreciate it.

Today I have a 2nd Sugar Skulls Birthday card 
to show you.
This is for my daughter's fiancee, and I know he
doesn't look at my blog, and works in London all
week so I can safely show it.




I know this isn't to every ones style, but I 
happen to know he like the art work on Sugar Skulls.
This card is a 8"x8" size.
The backing paper I made with my Decoupage
2 CD out of the image.
I used some Gunmetal Stickles around the skull
to highlight it, and Platinum Stickles to the
corners.
The pattern on the corners was cut out on my 
ScanNcut, and glued on to Snippets of card, as
I thought they went with the image.

Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/pixies-snippets-playground-week-169.html 

20 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Skulls....remind me of my nursing training days Jenny, but
a super creation, added goodies are also gorgeous.xx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, very interesting choice! The skulls are great and original! I love the gentle palette of your card!

Sarah said...

Sounds like it's a perfect card Jenny!! Even with the skulls, I would still be able to pick it out as one of your fab creations in a line up!! xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love this !! you have created a 'work of art' here, I love it !! I must look for these skulls, ideal for a male card.
Sorry I have been missing for a couple of days, my eyes are terrible at the moment, so have been keeping off my laptop, in the hope that will give a bit of ease.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Jenny, this is so unique! I love how you combined the harsh skull image and dark papers with the delicate flourishes and glitter! Just wonderful! hugs :)

Di said...

Wow Jenny - a really breathtaking card and very unusual. Perfect for the recipient!

Hugs

Di xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is absolutely brilliant Jenny, fabulous design
Kevin xx

Sue said...

Wow my lovely fairy godmother this is amazing ! great design and layout..lots of huggles Sue xxx

Jacee said...

Such a striking design Jenny, amazing work, love it!

You made me smile in your comment about thinking I was a millionaire, I wish!!!! no afraid not, just a thrifty bargain hunter. LOL
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Patricia said...

Definitely NOT my cup of tea.
However I can admire all the wonderful work that has gone into it.
Hugs
Patricia x

vic said...

Hello my lovely lady ahh wow you have made the sugar skull well! I'm sure he will love this and I love the name frankie! Well done you I would of struggled with a card like this but you have done a fab job!
Thank you for your lovely comment
Huge crafty hugs
Vic xx

pam said...

Hi Jenny, not my cup of tea either, but its who its for that counts.. you have made an amazing design using this image, bet he will love it..
Hugs
Pam x

Kathleen said...

Wouldn't do for us all to like the same things and I know very well that my Nephew would have loved this 20 years ago but a brat card for the recipient, I am certain he will love it.

Kath x

Marie-Louise said...

Jenny this is marvellous and my sons would just love this. I must be the only person who cannot work these cutting machines. I have a Craft Robo and it just will not cut card. If I am lucky it will partially cut 160 gsm paper. Even with new blades fitted I still have no luck.

Carole Z said...

Fab card Jenny, though I have to admit that I don't get the fascination with skulls! Every teenage boy I see seems to have a tee shirt with these designs on...still I guess when I was a teen we wore some odd stuff, lol...anyway, he will love your fab card!hugs Carole Z X

Erika said...

Hi Jenny another great man card, I love the skulls, they'd go down well in my home too.

Hugs Erika. x

Hettie said...

Great card Jenny. I am sure he will love it.
Hugs
xx

scrappymo! said...

Perfect card for a bloke of a certain style. And that is why we make cards, isn't it.

I bet he will love it!

MaryH said...

It's a terrific card for someone who enjoys this style of card. Definitely a guy card for sure. Your work on it is fantastic, and I really love the colors & design, even if I'm not really into the skull thing. Now, my DH would like it! (he loves Halloween - I love Christmas, and the sweet stuff!) Hope you're doing well. TFS & Hugs

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Finally, Blogger seems to be letting me comment!
Not what I would like to receive as a card but as the fella likes this kinda thing, its perfect for him, so that's all that matters.
Its great when we can tailor cards to peoples likes.
Best wishes.
Ang x