MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 8 September 2015

NBUS BUTTERFLY AND SNIPPETS CARD

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends,
and visitors.
I am sorry I have been missing for a few days,
but I had a big order for cards for family members,
and I am not sleeping too well at the moment, so 
after a few hours crafting I get tuckered out, and 
the days seem to be getting shorter or is it just me
getting older.

Well I managed in between making the family 
cards to make this one that fits 3 challenges so
I do hope you like my idea, I tried to make it 
look like a picture on a living room wall. 
Not sure if I succeeded though.



This is a 6"x6" size card.
The NBUS items used are the papers, and the 
stamps to create the snowy scene.
The arch picture frame is to comply with the
Butterfly Challenge.
Snippets used on this are the card I stamped on,
the gold card for the center of the papers, and the
bronze, and cream card for the arches. 
I used some acetate on the picture frame too
 which doesn't show up on the photo.

Thank you for your visit, and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following 
challenges. 
http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/09/its-here-nbus-challenge-5.html 
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/37-butterflies-is-for-archway.html 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/pixies-snippets-playground-week-193.html 

26 comments:

Julia Aston said...

It certainly does look like a living room window with a lovely view to a pretty winters scene!! Julia xx

Kylie said...

oh my goodness, that snowy scene is just amazing. Thanks so much for joining in over at Darnell's using your NBUS. Good luck. Kylie - Happy Little Stampers xx

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Jenny I would say you manage to achieve the look.
hope you feel better soon, Kate x

Carol L said...

What an adorable and precious card! I just love all the glittery snow on those trees! Wishing you restful days with peaceful nights too! Take care!

Mrs A. said...

What a beautiful view through your Arched window and those butterflies are gorgeous. I love their colouring. We still have a few in the garden but mostly the whites now. Thankyou for fluttering by and you never can tell which number the generator is going to settle on. I shut my eyes when I hit the button and only afterwards do I match names to the numbers. hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

HI Jenny . . . you always make such lovely shaped cards and decorate every surface. Thanks for bringing this little beauty into the Snippets Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

KandA said...

Gorgous card Jenny. Love the arch and the lovely winter scene xx

Darnell said...

You did it right, Jenny, and you were the very first one in the door! Lots of tea, coffee, and trumpets for you then! Erm, sorry, meant to say crumpets, of course! Your snippets card is definitely frameable for the living room wall and then you'll have a frame within a frame within an archway! As soon as I saw that pretty archway, I knew you were also headed over to Mrs. A.'s! Give her and Di and Sarn my best and thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5! Hugs, Darnell

Jane said...

Hi Jenny I have been tagged over in the snippets playground by Kathy K...you're now "it" and need to tag someone else....;0)
Your card is gorgeous love the snowy textured scene xx

Jeanne J. said...

Wow! Adorable snowy scene! So cute!! I love those little gold beads accenting the frame too!

Jacee said...

So very pretty Jenny, it's lovely
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Anne said...

What a lovely card. Love those gorgeous butterflies. Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge.
Hugs Anne ,GD

Sarah said...

You most definitely succeeded Jenny, what a wonderful idea!! Perfect in every way!! xx

Jean said...

A lovely little scene in your arched frame Jenny, and I love the butterflies too. A great idea.
Take care of yourself.
Jean x

Beverley said...

This is SO creative and you have certainly achieved the look you were after. Sorry to read you are not sleeping well, I hope it improves soon. Thanks for playing along in the NBUS challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Kathleen said...

Looks really great and love all that snow and the cute image, mic picture to hang on a wall, great way to have carried it to the inside of the card.

Kath x

pam said...

Beautiful scene card Jenny, love your snow detail through the window..
Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs Pam x

Liz said...

What a lovely scene, Jenny. I love how you've done the snow. A beautiful card! xx

karenlotty said...

I think it works I love everything about it

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a cute card! Love the arches! Great idea for butterflies in winter! Like spring is on its way! Hope you get some sleep and feel better soon!

MaryH said...

You succeeded extremely well! This is one very imaginative, clever and pretty card. It does indeed look like a window to the world, and I love the golden arch with this little snowscene, cute bunny and the cottage. Love the way you've tucked the butterfly border & very smart of you to fit this into 3 great challenges. It's just beautiful. Hope you get some good sleep catchup. TFS & Hugs

Michelle said...

This is beautiful Jenny - I love the snowy effect. I hope you can manage to catch up on some sleept - Michelle x

Helen F. said...

Such a beautiful little scene, Jenny! Love the adorable bunny in the snow :-)

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, It definitely does look like a picture on a wall, it is really lovely.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

JD/ Jill said...

So cute and creative! You did a great job with all three challenges!

Erika said...

Loving the idea of this NBUS challenge but just got so much on at the moment. Hopefully when I get time to play myself I will join in.
Your NBUS papers are lovely and go great with your winter scene, bet that bunny is cold!

Have a super weekend Jenny, hugs Erika. x