MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 18 May 2017

FAVE SONG SHABBY CHIC EASEL CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

Sorry I haven't been about much this week, but a neighbour had a fall, and as he is carer to his wife I have been helping as much as I can.

So today I did manage to have a play with some crafty items for a couple of challenges.
The Frilly and Funkie Challenge has a theme  sound of music, or maybe a fave song so this one of my DH fave songs as it has a special meaning to him.



I made an easel card , and the base I hope, I made look like a record.
My lovely pin and ribbon flower were made by Wendy our Team leader over at the MAWTT.
The lovely pin has a musical note dangling from it.
So thank you very much Wendy for these wonderful items.
Butterfly came off and old hair clip.
I forgot I have used  quite a few
 snippets for my die cuts so I will join my friends in the snippets playground with this.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/the-sound-of-music.html 
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/79-butterflies-l-is-for-layers-andor.html 
http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/may-challenge-going-for-quirky-song.html 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/pixies-snippets-playground-week-281-and.html 

32 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card. I now have that song stuck in my head. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, great card, certainly does look like a record....I actually thought it was until i read your comments. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Jean said...

A great card Jenny, very clever idea too.
Jean x

Mrs A. said...

Me too Jenny, I thought you had gone and used Hubby's one and only treasured recording. This is a grand card. I love all the layers and embellishments. I still have your dragonfly card out on the side table in the dinning room! Thankyou for fluttering into my butterfly garden for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

pam said...

Fantastic easel card Jenny, brilliant theme and your design is amazing.
Hugs Pam x

Kathleen said...

What a great choice of song, not really my Sisters favourite as she is called Eileen and we used to use this song to annoy her, if she was messing about, we used to break into "come on Eileen"
Fantastic make, great idea with the easel card and some super images. Love it.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Such a stunning easel card, so different and creative! Amazing work, really brilliant! Love the cute red butterfly,has been a great recycling!
Thanks very much for playing in the Butterfly Challenge#79 with your creation!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so creative and stunning!! The base totally looks like a record!! The design and details are amazing!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Wendy L said...

Wow Jenny, this is amazing, xxx

meg said...

Wow Jenny, fantastic card love the layout and all the elements used to create your card.

Cara said...

Absolutely stunning! Wonderful card. I hope your neighbour makes a speedy recovery. Cara x

Chris said...

Wow Jenny, this is fantastic! I love the clever design of this fabulous easel card, the record' base looks brilliant as do the wonderful embellies...you really 'rocked' this challenge!
Chris
x

Sarah said...

What can I say Jenny? This is an incredible easel card, beautifully done, great colours and the Base certainly does look like a 45!! That song reminds me of the year I finished my O' levels. A friend and I went to stay with her family in Ayr and I remember dancing to that song at a Young Farmers Disco at the Caledonian Hotel...what a night!! xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, You are so kind to help your neighbours and no doubt they were very grateful for your help.
This does indeed look like a record, what a brilliant idea, and I love the pinwheel ribbon flower and all your embellies.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Pamellia said...

What a wonderfully unique and fun card Jenny! Very well thought out and put together. So many fabulous elements, I just love the style and the colours you used, so perfect for the theme! Easel cards are amazing the way you do them, love it!! So nice of you to help out your neighbour, he/she is lucky to have you there with a kind heart and a helping hand! sending hugs :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for visiting my blog this week Jenny, I've been away so just doing a spot of catching up this afternoon.
This themed easel card is just fabulous and the group is my era too. I love the way you have created this beautiful design.
Lorraine

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
What a brilliant creation.....it's more than a card. That song takes me right back to happy school days.
Lovely of you to help your friend when you've not been too well yourself recently.
Best wishes.
Ang x

karenlotty said...

Great card Brought back some great memories of dancing and singing our heads off! Hope your friend is on the mend

Jane Willis said...

I've just popped over from the Butterfly Challenge gallery to take a look at your wonderful card - it is absolutely amazing! It would be perfect for our "Going for a song" challenge at Quirky Crafts - if you'd like to join us there the link is http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/may-challenge-going-for-quirky-song.html
We'd love to see you!
Jane

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, it is a really great and creative card on the interesting theme! Love yout choice of the color palette!

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Jenny. What a great design, so much detail. xx

Jane Willis said...

I'm so glad you accepted my invitation to join us at Quirky Crafts - your stunning card is perfect for our "Inspired by a Song" challenge
Jane

AlisonC said...

Oh that takes me back, dungarees and neck scarfs - Dexeys not me! You've made a wonderfully inventive creation.

Diane said...

Great entry to our Song Challenge at Quirky Crafts.....I shall be singing that all day now!

Claire said...

That is brilliant, it really is an inspirational card. Love everything about it x

Di said...

Brilliant card Jenny - so much detail! Your hubby is bound to love it - and now I can't stop humming that song. So catchy! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Furrbster said...

What a fantastic and quirky way to incorporate the song into your crafting! I love it!

Thanks for sharing over at Quirky Crafts,

Hugz Tinz

scrappymo! said...

What a stunning card, jenny! The design is fabulous and the card itself is so full of beautiful accessories and embellishments.
I particularly love that bow with the big fancy center bling, and the stick pin with the note charm!

Cec said...

What a great card with so many fabulous elements and different ways to depict your favourite song. I love the ribbon pinwheel and the die cuts are such a perfect match. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Linby said...

wow this is amazing, you certainly did make it look like a record - so realistic.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Jenny, this is such a clever card! I love the easel style you chose, and the fact that you incorporated a CD in the design is just brilliant! Great color palette and lovely composition, too! So glad you shared it with us at the Frilly and Funkie Sound of Music Challenge.

Sue - said...

An amazing card! I bet hubby loved it! Thanks for sharing with Quirky Crafts.