MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 25 May 2017

GD CARD FOR THE RUDOLF CHALLENGE......MAY 2017


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
As I mentioned yesterday this month I am GD for the Rudolf Days Challenge over at 


The challenge runs from the 25th of the month to the end of the month.
As always it's anything goes as long as it's Christmas. 
There is always a wonderful prize to be won, and it means you get your Christmas cards made early.
So please pop over and take a look at the lovely creations my wonderful other Guest Designers have created.
So here is what I created this time around.



This is a 6.5"x7.5" size tent card.
I started by adding a matt of Silver Rainbow Mirri card.
I then cut out a frame in red card, and embossed it with a Crafters Companion 8"x8" size embossing folder which has lots of Christmas words in different fonts.
I then added die cuts with lovely stars on in white to the inside of the frame.
This die was a cheap purchase from
 E Bay and made in China.
My evening image came from the Internet, and I added some glitter to the snow parts, and created some snow droplets.
Lastly I added some holly leaves and pearls as berries.

Thank you so much for your visit and the wonderful comments you make.
They are sooooo! much appreciated.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

29 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful scene Jenny, it looks so peacefull

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kerstkaart mooi met de vogels.
Groetjes Gerrie

Jane Willis said...

A gorgeous card, and you've reminded me I've not linked my card up yet!
Jane

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning Christmas card. I love that border it is so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

scrappymo! said...

This is such a pretty scene and i love the way you "framed it".
We are both showing cards with frames, today!

Yours is so nice with the embossed words. I never thought of embossing a frame so will try that in the net few weeks as I like the look of it.
The die from china is very pretty...I have not bought from there yet...but certainly have been looking. My oh my, the prices are fabulous.

Than ks for being on my design team, Jenny!

Christine Harrop said...

A lovely wintry scene Jenny. The birds are gorgeous. Hugs Christine xxx

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Jenny!! I love the beautiful scene with the touch of sparkle!! The star border looks amazing!! The holly leaves and berries are a perfect touch!! Congrats on your GD spot!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chris said...

Scary how quickly Rudolph Day comes around Jenny! Your card is gorgeous, g the image is beautiful, love the added sparkle!
Chris
x

cuilliesocks said...

Just lovely Jenny, beautifully traditional, Kate x

Jean said...

this is a beautiful Christmas card Jenny, I love the embossed red frame and the die cut star border is really pretty. the holly leaves and pearly berries make lovely embellishments.
Jean x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This Christmas card is absolutely gorgeous, I love it !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, lovely collection of cards over the past few days. You've been a busy girlie !!! Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

Super image Jenny and love the frame that you have created and the addition of the holly and berries looks great.

Kath x

pam said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jenny, love this image and lovely layout.
Pam x

Sarn said...

Happy Rudolph Day Jenny. This is such a lovely card. Those birds are just lovely.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love your hint if bling and that white lace framing the image is fabulous. Cara X

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Jenny, such a wide try image and the white frame looks really gorgeous xx

Linby said...

What a great card and I love how you made the embossed frame.

LesleyG said...

A classy classic card, just love the traditional colours, and love how you decorated the inside edge of the frame xxx

Pat said...

I adore the gorgeous scene you have used Jenny and you have framed it beautifully. So bright and pretty. x

Bonnie said...

These pretty cardinals are beautifully framed, Jenny! This is a work of art!

Barb said...

Your card is a beauty Jenny. I love the red embossed frame and the lacy inner frame is very pretty. A lovely image. I saw cardinals once on a trip to Canada. Barbxx

AlisonC said...

Such a pretty card and a lovely lacy die, you've got to love those cheap dies from China!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This image just shouts out Christmas to me. You've framed it beautifully and the Holly and berries give it the perfect finish. Thank you so much Jenny for the very kind comments that you left on my blog, I really appreciate your visits. Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Darnell said...

A brilliant job of design and execution, Jenny! You have such awe-inspiring talent!! I hope you are doing well! Hugs, Darnell

Michelle said...

Beautiful festive card Jenny - the image is gorgeous and I love the red embossed card around it - Michelle x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely Christmas image and your beautiful embossed frame really sets it off. A wonderful card.
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful christmas card jenny! i love the cardinals and the fancy die cut frame and the embossing are lovely!
hugs, linda

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning scene & gorgeous frame, luv Sam x