MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 29 October 2021

RUDOLF DAYS CHALLENGE.............OCTOBER 2021

 

Hi and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

I have had another very busy month with wedding cards and boxes, also I attended a family wedding up north last week.

Last month I attended a wedding in Wales also as my nephew got married.

Phew all just before Christmas too so I am late with my family Christmas cards so I must catch up soon, I also have been making an Album for my sister's Birthday in December.

 

Well onto the Rudolf Days Challenge for October as I am not on the DT this month I can enter the challenge over at

SCAPPYMO'S BLOG

It's a special one this month commerating a Lovely Lady

Kath Scholfield of Plain and Simple blog who passed away recently.

Kath was a dear blog friend and will be missed so much in the blog world.

She never missed entering the challenge with her lovely stamped projects, and often paper pieced them also.

Her fave stamp was a Woodware Stamp.

So in honour of that I have used a Woodware Stamp on my card, and paper pieced it. 

 


 This is a 5"x7" size card.

I remember when I used this stamp last time I did it in Black Ink, and Kath commented how it would look nice in Red.

I stamped the image and fussy cut it out and used foam pads to adhere it to the base card which I used some Nuvo Glitter pens with water to scatter some dots all over.

I paper pieced the 25 and the baubles with some plaid paper from the works.

 

Thank you do much for your visit and precious time.

I really appreciate every visit and wonderful comment you make.

Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

 

I would like to enter this into the following challenge.

https://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.com/2021/10/october-rudolph-days-challenge.html 

19 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful card Jenny,the red plaid paper piecing is gorgeous,hope you're not having as much pain now

Aquarius said...

Nice to see some paper piecing and this does look good in red

LesleyG said...

Fabulous paper pieced card, love a bit of plaid xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a gorgeous Christmas card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

A lovely card Jenny, lovely images and I love the tartan paper, Kate x

Chris said...

This is fabulous Jenny, a beautiful card and a fitting tribute to our lovely Kath.
Hugs
xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, You have been gadding about to your weddings, well done you, I wish I could, I haven't been in close proximity to anyone other than Graham since the pandemic started, I feel like a hermit haha.
Your card is gorgeous and looks lovely in red.
Take care.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Linby said...

This is fabulous and I love the tartan paper piecing.

Liz said...

Beautiful card Jenny, I love the paper piecing. I'm sure Kath would have loved that you followed her suggestion to make it in red. xx

Lia said...

That's a great card. I like the tartan blaulbs!
Lia xx

Carol L said...

What a lovely tribute to Kath with your paper pieced beauty! The plaid baubles look amazing with the scripty panel and distress inking too. Happy Rudolph day!

Brenda in IN said...

That is so nice that you are all honoring her by doing paper piecing. This is a lovely card and I love that plaid paper for the numbers and ornaments. You are a busy gal in the craft room and attending weddings.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card and a great bit of paper piecing Jenny. Thank you for joining in at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful paper piecing Jenny on this lovely festive stamp.
Lorraine

Brenda said...

Happy Rudy day to you Jenny! Sounds like life has been very busy Jenny, sometimes that is good and other times not. Yours sounds good with all the celebrations! Love your beautiful paper pieced Christmas card! Kath was right, it looks great in red! So festive, so fun! I guess we need the rain to have the rainbows don't we? So I can't complain to loudly, but do we need it all at once? lol We got 4 inches of rain, I think it is going to be a snowy winter. Would you believe I didn't emboss on my Santa/Rudolph card? I know it looks like it, but it was just house/cloud/star dies that I glued down. Hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

hi Jenny, I love the bold plaid baubles! not sure if you got my email so leaving a comment here; if you did get it, please disregard as totals for Rudolph days are done.

scrappymo! said...

Oh Henny, I remember Kath living Woodward stamps too. That is why I chose that as a prize!

Your card is so beautiful. I am glad you pieced it and used the red.

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge!

Darnell said...

You used an awesome Woodware stamp in honor of Kath, Jenny, and you did a fantastic job of paper-piecing. I also think it's wonderful that you recreated it red ink, following her suggestion! Thank you for your recent visit and good wishes. I think it is comforting that we both need hip replacement surgeries and we've both lost weight. Good job on how well you've done keeping away from the sweets (so hard!) and I wish you all the best with reaching your goal and having a successful surgery. Mwah! Lots of love, Darnell

Greta said...

I really like the plaid paper piecing! Kath would have loved this card!