MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 1 November 2022

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES..CHALLENGE 148.....BRIGHT ON DARK

 

Hi and welcome to all my very talented and craft loving friends.

It's the 1st of the month again and time for a new challenge over at

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES

The challenge is hosted by the lovely Tinz and she would like to see

 Bright on Dark.


The challenge runs from today till the 29th of November.

Here is a couple of cards I came up with.



The first card is a 6"x8" size and cut down from an 8"x8" card stock.

 The second card is a 5.5"x5.5" size amde out of an A4 piece of card.

I used some glitter washi tape around the edges of the black card stock and a Butterfly cut out of some card I have had for a while, it has gold edges but it doesn't show in the photo.

Coloured in with gel glitter pens. 

The second card is layers of black and coloured card stock with a Butterfly in the middle.


Thank you so much for your precious time.

I really appreciate every visit and wonderful comment you make.

Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

 



 

 

13 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful colour combinations Jenny,the bright colours on both cards shine against the dark tones

Aquarius said...

Those butterflies really 'pop' against the dark background

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely butterflies Jenny and what better creature to display their colours on your dark backgrounds.
Lorraine

Diane Louise J said...

Morning Jenny... your butterfly cards are beautiful and they really do pop on the black backgrounds. Hope you have a lovely month until our next challenge, crafty hugs Diane Louise xx

Wendy L said...

Definitely fits the bill, they look fab Jenny, xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous bright tones they really stand out on black backgrounds Jenny lots of huggles and sloppies xxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Two wonderful butterfly cards Jenny, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

Chris said...

Such a lovely contrast between your vibrant butterflies and the dark backgrounds, both cards are beautiful Jenny.
hugs
xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Two lovely cards, brights and darks together, lovely.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Brenda in IN said...

Stunning butterflies and beautifully framed. Great cards, Jenny.

Sarah said...

Wow Jenny they really are stunning cards. The brights over dark background look amazing xx

Brenda said...

You rose to this challenge beautifully Jenny! I love the bright colors on the dark. It just makes these colors pop even more and it just looks gorgeous to me. Both cards are amazing my sweet friend! Hugs, Brenda

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Love your bright and cheerful cards x